Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7I3BNK - connect to DVI

Hi, I have one of the above that I want to connect to a DVI monitor, I have used a HDMI - DVI adaptor & HDMI - DVI cable and neither output a display.

HDMI & DVI should be the same technology so I am very surprised that this doesnt work, any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi wbs_dan: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

In regard to your inquiry, when you use adapters or converters it is not guarantee that they will work for sure, we normally recommend to use a high quality cable or an active adapter in order to make it work, but it is not for sure.

Just for testing purposes to rule out a possible problem with the NUC itself, do you have the option to test the NUC using the HDMI straight connection with an HDMI monitor?

On the following link you will see a list of tested peripherals that Intel validated as fully compatible with the NUC, in there you will see some HDMI to DVI adapters and cables:

http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC...

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

wbs_dan: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Many thanks for replying, What I did in the end was to connect it via a HDMi cable to a HDMI monitor, after installing Windows I then proceeded to update the BIOS, after the BIOs was updated I could then connect it to a DVI monitor with a HDMI to DVI cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

wbs_dan: You are very welcome. Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the problem got fixed and now the NUC is working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos