EDaen
Beginner

NUC7I5BNH Thunderbolt to HDMI, NO VIDEO OUTPUT

WIN10 64bit Version1803

Drivers up to Date

Bios Ver. 63

Bios Konfig is Okay

Cable in Use: After 2 Month the TV stay black

https://www.amazon.de/Thunderbolt-geflochtenes-Aluminiumgehäuse-Vergoldeter-Anschluss/dp/B0774BK9C9/... USB C auf HDMI Kabel 4K 60Hz 2m: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Ask for Help because I have no more ideas where exactly the fault lies.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like you to follow the steps below to gather some information about this issue. Please let me know of the outcome.

First, try using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Please follow these steps:

- Open Device Manager.

- Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

- Expand the Display adapters section.

- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

- Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

- Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

- Select the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

- Test the performance of the unit.

Then, scan your system using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

Hallo the switch to the Basic Display Adapter doesn't work. Same Situation Thunderbolt Port is dead.

SSU Report is attached

idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

Thank you for your response.

First, I would like you to do a clean install of the graphics driver. These are the steps:

1. Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Please uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your Intel® NUC. Please go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version.

Here you can try first the Intel® HD Graphics Driver for your Intel® NUC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27628/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NU...

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

If these steps doe not resolve the issue, you can also try installing the driver for the graphics controller Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

In additionb, please take into account the following suggestions:

-Try using another cable or display/port.

-Set BIOS settings to default values:

Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.

Press F9 to set defaults.

Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

Nothings helps, same Issue. At the USB-C/Thunderbolt Port nothing is recognized.

I did all the steps as described. But nothing has solved the problem.

New Adapter https://www.amazon.de/Icy-Box-IB-AC534-C-Video-Adapter-4K-Aufl%C3%B6sung-schwarz/dp/B01G1WJS5S/ref=s... Icy Box IB-AC534-C Video-Adapter USB Type-C auf HDMI: Amazon.de: Elektronik Same problem, is not recognzed at the Port.

NO PopUP no Sound NOTHING

HELP

idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

Does this mean that you are not able to go into the BIOS settings or see any Intel logo when you power on your unit?

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

Yes, if I only use the thunderbolt port I have no picture.

Have the bios reset to factory settings. HDMI out is still working.

Yesterday even completely rebuilt Windows. No change. Port fails dead (hardware broken?)
idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

As you were saying, the Thunderbolt port in your unit may be defective due to the fact that you are not getting any display/picture when using that port.

After all the troubleshooting steps taken and after making sure that your unit was up to date, I recommend you to replace it, if possible. I would like to discuss personal information via private message if you are fine with it.

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

Is there a way to determine a definite hardware defect?

The seller would send the NUC directly to Intel as a warranty case.

So I would not have a replacement for a longer period of time.

For this reason it was very difficult for me.

Maybe it's just a setup or software error. I just want to make sure it's a guaranteed motherboard defect before I have to send it back.

There may be other ways???

idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

Replacement seems to be the most feasible option at this moment. However, have you tried reinstalling the Thunderbolt™ Bus Driver?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26486/NUCs-Thunderbolt-Bus-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i5...

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

After reinstalling Windows I have to reinstall all drivers. But it did not succeed.

idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

In this scenario, I recommend you to replace your unit. Once you receive it, the problem should be fixed.

I will review the information I received regarding the waranty options for your unit. I will get back to you soon.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

I am sorry for the delay.

We recommend you replace your unit.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

Were you able to replace your unit through the seller shop?

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

Yes, the return via the seller shop is already running. Reichelt has already sent this to the manufacturer.

Hope of course now the exchange does not take too long.

Sehr geehrter Kunde,

der von Ihnen reklamierte Artikel

1 Stk INTEL NUC7I5BN

Service ID : ...............

Rechnung/Kunde: ...............

wurde zwecks Reparatur/Prüfung

an den Hersteller weitergeleitet.

Da wir bei Einsendungen an den Hersteller

keinen Einfluss auf die Durchlaufzeiten

haben, bitten wir um etwas Geduld.

Sofort nach Wareneingang werden wir Ihnen Ihr

repariertes oder getauschtes Gerät wieder zusenden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr reichelt-Service-Team

idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

Hopefully, you will get it soon.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved when you receive the new unit.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

I was wondering if you already received the replacement of your unit.

Please let me know if you have any update on the video output issues you were having. I will be glad to help.

Wanner G.
EDaen
Beginner

Sorry but I'm still waiting. Hope it does not take too long.

idata
Community Manager

Hello EnricoD.,

In case you need any further assistance once you receive the replacement of your unit, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Wanner G.