cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyvra
Beginner

NUC7I5BNHX1 - optane not recognised after windows 10 reinstalled

Hello,

first of all, sorry for my poor English.

i installed a brand new NUC7I5BNHX1 next Sunday. everything went fine and i got not problem to have my optane memory (16gb) working (it was really fast )

But after 3 days i got a big issue. my NUC refuse to start and i tried for a repair but with no luck.

so i decided to reinstall Windows 10. first i had a problem because my hdd was no longer shawn when i tried to install.

After a few research on the net, i found the solution within the bios.

So finally i reinstalled windows 10.

But now the problem is that the optane memory is no longer recognised. when i install the software "iRST_Optane_Memory_WIN10_64_15.9.0.1015.zip ", the software installation works but the module is not detected

Note that intel rapid storage technology is selected for sata in the bios

Can you help ?

Is it possible that the intel optane memory has a hardware problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello laurent yvrard,

Thank you so much for contacting us regarding the issue that you are experiencing with your NUC7I5BNHX1, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you with the Optane memory issues after reinstalling Windows 10

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S

lyvra
Beginner

Hello Diego,

please find attached the txt file.

Thanks for your help

idata
Community Manager

Hello laurent yvrard,

Thank you for your response.

We are currently trying to investigate what could be the reason of your issue since according to the report that you made your system is totally up to date.

On the meantime we tested an Optane memory and developed these steps while trying to replicate your issue so please follow them and let us know the outcome:

-Load to BIOS (F2)

-In the Advance Settings – under Devices – go to Add-In Config

-Choose Reset to Non-Optane. Make sure also that under SATA the Chipset SATA mode is still in "Intel RST Premium…".

-Once reset to Non-Optane is selected, the NUC should boot as usual and you should let the boot proceed up to Windows.

-Enable the Optane again using the Intel® Optane Manager from the tray icon.

-Then your PC will ask to restart again and boot as usual

Your Intel® Optane memory should be detected and work as normal.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

lyvra
Beginner

hello,

wonderfull that works fine .

thanks for your help.My NUC is fast again

regards.