Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGonz8
Beginner

NUC7I5BNK Wireless adapter dissappear from devices in Windows 10 after reboot.

Hello community, I have purchased a brand new NUC7I5BNK few weeks ago and just started to play with it, so far, the installation of Windows 10 and Linux (Lubuntu) worked pretty fine, I have upgraded Windows with the latest updated, installed all the drivers from the official Intel support website and everything looked fine.

Unfortunately, the day after I installed everything I powered on the NUC and realized the Wireless adapter just dissapear from the device manager, so I did some troubleshoot, I have uninstalled the driver and then rebooted, the wireless adapter appeared again so I tried again installing the latest release (20.50.0) and it worked fine for a while. Once again, after some reboots, the wireless adapter dissapeared, I did more troubleshoot, installing a previous driver (20.30.1), did the same without luck until I realized the wireless adapter was in a disabled status in the Network Connections panel, once again, it worked for a while until I rebooted the NUC few more times.

At this point, I just decided to start playing with linux as that was going to be the mainly used SO of the NUC, it worked fine for a while too until I experienced exactly the same behavior, the adapter just dissapear after few reboots.

I also upgraded the BIOS to the release 0064 without luck, any SO (Windows 10 or Lubuntu) sometimes detects the adapter and sometimes they don't, I have not played around for a long period of time, so I cannot assure the adapter runs fine during hours of working, I only see the issue after rebooting the NUC, and it is quite annoying as sometimes even after many reboots, the adapter just does not appear.

I strongly believe there is a hardware issue, but open to hear any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello cesarcg,

I understand that the wireless adapter seems to be disappearing from the devices.

Regarding this, I would like to request an Intel ® System Support Utility report, you can create this report by using the software that you can download from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Please attach the report to this thread. Also, I would like to know if the connectivity problem happens when you are connected wired, does it randomly disconnects? Have you tried connecting to a different wireless network?

Let me know please.

Regards,

David V
CGonz8
Beginner

Many thanks for your response David, I have attached a set of three events in order of occurrence:

1. SSU report at 20180621_2030: Everything was working, I noticed some lag while using a 5 GHz network, so I switched up to a 2.4 GHz network, everything was working normal, it resisted about two reboots.

2. SSU report at 20180621_2200: First issue, I have never noticed it before until now, the Device Manager detected an issue with the Bluetooth device, the wifi was still working fine, I though a reboot may be helpful but then, the next event appeared again:

3. SSU report at 20180621_2212: Finally the Network Adapter is gone, from this time it was impossible for me to get it up again, I booted into Linux but the issue persisted, the wifi adapter is gone and the bluetooth adapter still shows an error on the Device Manager.

Thanks,

Cesar

idata
Community Manager

Hello cesarcg,

Thank you for your response.

I have sent you a private message so we can discuss about some personal information, please check your inbox.

Regards,

David V
AZabo
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem on my NUC7i3BNK. At first time it was not working but shown as not active in Device Manager. I've update BIOS, reinstall Windows 10, update drivers and it start working again. But in few days (maybe after Windows 10 updated itself) and starting of NUC at morning WiFi failed and nothing helps. I tried to reinstall Windows, update drivers but It is not visible at Device Manager. Same situation with Blutooth Device.

In BIOS everithing same as before (all devicece checked).

I connect NUC with wired Ethernet cable to router - everithing work nice without any problems.

Please help me with correct actions for NUC WiFi reanimation.

Thanks in advance.

idata
Community Manager

Hello ZAKLAND,

I understand that you are currently experiencing a similar issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V