Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

NUC7I7BNH Audio Issues: popping (3.5mm audio jack front panel)

I have received my NUC7I5BNH a about a month ago, and I'm noticing strange noises in my headphones plugged in the front audio jack when I start or restart audio after some pause. I use Sound Intone CX-05 Noise Isolating Headphones with an in-line remote and microphone. When I plug them in the NUC jack the Realtek manager pops up. I can hear a faint popping sound and sometimes lout sound distortion when the sound restarts after no audio was played for a while, which is very annoying. I have read this has maybe to do with some sort of a sleep mode of the audio module or with the audio jack when it is expecting a microphone maybe. It does not really matter if I use the headset or headphone setting in the Realtek manager - there is at best only a gradual difference. I also tried different headsets and headphones. There is a bigger qualitative difference, but the issue is in for me in every case present.

I found some articles on the net about the possible issue with the sleep/power saving mode of the audio module and literally tried every (reasonable) suggestion (e.g. http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/fix-audio-staticcracklingpopping-with-realtek-sound-card/ Fix Audio Static Crackling Popping with Realtek Sound Card ) - but nothing worked. Please help, this is really frustrating.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello bergman,

I am sorry to hear you are having audio issues with this Intel® NUC model.

In order to address this matter, I would like to gather more information regarding this matter, please provide the following information:

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

bergman,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience.

I've created the requested log.

Sincerely,

Bergman

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks Bergman.

I noticed from your report that some components are not updated, so please let's try to update the following components;

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Amy,

Thank you for mentioning the latest releases, I missed them.

I have updated the components in question in the given order but cannot report a full resolution.

My first impression was, things are better now, but there is still a noticeable popping after some seconds of silence (the actual time period may have increased now).

Best,

Bergman

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks Bergman.

Please let me review this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same popping noises on my nuc7i5bnk using the latest drivers on the product support site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello All,

Can you please make reference to the following community thread:

I am going to be locking up this community in order to consolidate.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos