Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7PJYH: 5.1 not working over Toslink

I am running Win 10(64bit) on the NUC and connected my Logitech Z906 Sound System via Toslink with it. Despite the system being able to play 5.1, I just have this emulation from a stereo signal and a quite bad sound quality.

The Z906 system has an LED indicating if there is a 5.1 signal which is permanently off so I am quite sure about the 2.0 emulation. I have it attached to another PCs 2012 onboard sound card (of a rather cheap mainboard) by the 3x3,5mm connectors and it has 5.1 and a way better sound quality.

I googled for a solution and just found one, using the Win Media player, which is not supported anymore since 2017. In addition to that, I want to have a higher overall sound quality and not just when using this outdated player. Since I saw the request in another question I already attached the System Support Utility output file.

Thanks in advance and best

Christoph

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Ceekay,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Please, try the below steps:

-BIOS:

According to the report you are using the BIOS version 0050, the latest version available on our website is the 0055.

1. Go to the following link to find the version 0055.
  2. We recommend downloading the bio version.
  3. You can find all the steps to follow on the Release Notes, in the document "read me" , instructions "F7 BIOS Update Instructions"

-Realtek Driver:

• Install the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for NUC7CJY, NUC7PJY, you can find here the latest version 6.0.8716.1.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Ceekay,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Ceekay,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos