Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterNUC
New Contributor I

NUC7PJYH: Update to Win 10 1809 does not appear in Windows Update

I am not getting 1809 upgrade on NUC NUC7PJYH (25.20.100.6444 driver). Are there any chances of getting the upgrade without forcing it or reverting to an old gfx driver? If not not, did anyone have any luck with the forced upgrade on NUC7PJYH and DCH driver installed?

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Peter,

1. Download Microsoft Media Creation Tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
  2. Run this tool (double click on MediaCreationTool1809.exe).
  3. Click on Accept.
  4. While "Upgrade this PC now" is chosen, pres on Next.

You will have your Windows upgraded to ver. 1809 without need to reinstalling any driver. This is also the best method to repair Windows without need to reinstalling your programs.

Leon

PeterNUC
New Contributor I

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

I just wanted to make sure that after the forced update of NUC7PJYH, there would be no surprises. Since Microsoft is blocking it, there may be a reason for this. And now I do not have time to deal with possible incompatibilities. Therefore, I'd prefer not to force the update or at least to have a solid positive feedback from enthusiasts who dared to perform it.

Best, Peter

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Peter,

It is O.K. to wait for other feedback. I personally don't think that Microsoft is blocking update. I just want to inform you that this procedure I've mentioned above is safe. I did this many time in other computers. I did this on my NUC6i5SYH and Compute Stick as well. I do such upgrade always if I suspect that Windows is corrupted. I do this force upgrade also if I don't wan't wait in Microsoft queue for update. During this upgrade your current Windows installation is saved in directory Windows.old for 30 days and new Windows is installed leaving you option to restore the old Windows (from Windows Advanced Menu). The new Windows is installed, leaving all you program and data in place.

Leon

rgord1
Novice

I forced an update and have been running 1809 for a month or so without any new issues.

I haven't tried to re-enable any wireless/bluetooth devices in Windows because I don't use them. For all I know the blue screening/freezing issues associated with those devices in Build 1803 may have been resolved by now. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

PeterNUC
New Contributor I

Hi rgord1,

Thanks a lot for your input. I assume that your device is NUC7PJYH and you already had GFX driver 25.20.100.6444 installed prior to the update. Could you please confirm that.

Regarding the crashes. They stopped after I disabled WiFi in Windows. Bluetooth is is enabled and constantly used.

Best, Pete

rgord1
Novice

Yes, a NUC7PJYH and GFX driver 25.20.100.6444 installed prior to the update.

I think that the WiFi, rather than Bluetooth, always was the problem. I use neither, but I would have thought that there should be a resolution by now from Intel. I know that n.scott.pearson posted a procedure to reinstall the drivers, but that looked to me to require some tech savvy beyond the ken of many users.