Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oshy
Beginner

NUC7PJYH + Win10 USB = A media driver your computer needs is missing.

I have a NUC7PJYH.

I am having a trouble with installing Windows 10 on it from a USB drive.

It boots normally (I use front blue USB port), then when I click "Install Now" button I see this message:

A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

[Browse] [OK] [Cancel]

I need to make this step work.

I suppose, I should put some sys/inf files on a separate USB and feed it to NUC.

I have this bundle https://downloadmirror.intel.com/DriverPackages/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7PJYH_Win10-64_Drivers.20190311.zip with a dozen of MSI/zips in it, with hundreds of files in each.

Question: what files I should put on a separate USB to make Windows 10 installation proceed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Format your USB stick (that is 8gb or greater) ON ANOTHER PC (not a mac or linux machine).

Then, download W10 from here to create the install media on your USB stick:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then, boot your usb stick.

Make sure you are set for UEFI boot in the bios, and the stick is formated FAT32.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Al is correct; there seems to be an issue with the default images from Microsoft. If you create one using the tool, it installs without issue.

Oh, and BTW, you do not need to have any of the drivers in the package available until after the Windows 10 install is complete.

...S

oshy
Beginner

Thank you, Al, Scott. You were right.

Once I switched to Rufus USB flasher, the problem disappeared.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Aren't you glad we're here? We had to learn this the hard way...😭

...S