Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRuzz
New Contributor I

NUC7PJYH and DTS-HD MA audio tracks

Hello, everyone,

I have problems with Linux and I can't install Windows for the moment;

The problem is that the videos with the audio tracks in "DTS-HD MA" creating annoying pop - up from speaker (DENON AVR X2400H 5.1) or it jumping for some fractions of seconds.

Can you tell me if you're gonna run this problem with Windows? Maybe using Kodi.

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

fatez: Thank you for joining the Intel® Communities Support.

There are some reports stating that this popping sound is caused by power management issues, excessive DPC latency, or even driver malfunctioning, we cannot guarantee the NUC will have the same or different issues in reference to the Windows installation, especially since there are several factors that may cause it.

Although Canonical has certified Ubuntu 16.04 on your unit, we can only provide you some basic troubleshooting, some that may apply only to Windows:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html

There are some users as well saying the NUC works just fine with Windows installed, there is no popping sound at all.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SRuzz
New Contributor I

Thank you for your answer.

I've already checked that I have no problem with any memories or power supply.

This problem only does me with traces in DTS-HD MA, and I wanted a direct comparison with other users.

Thank you

idata
Community Manager

fatez: You are very welcome. Perfect, thank you for letting us know that information.

I encourage all the peers viewing this thread, that if they have more comments or suggestions about this matter to post all the feedback on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation