Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11300 Discussions

NUC7PJYH does not work on 4K Monitor and TV

KKOCHER
Novice
Hello, I bought a NUC7PJYH today and noticed, That After installing everything, i can not set the resolution to 4K. After changing the cable and reinstalling the all the drivers ist still wouldnt work. Then i used the intel graphics Control, changed the resolution there to 4K and the screen went black. No picture afterwards.
On a different 4K display i still have no picture, randomly the Screen Flashes. On a 4K display i can not access the uefi and can not flash the bios. On fhd display no problem.
If i connect the nuc to a fhd tv, everything works fine.
I am out of ideas and Need help.
See the vid below.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This usually means that you are using substandard cables. Purchase a cable that is both good quality and at least HDMI 2.0a compliant. Be careful; high cost does not mean high quality.

I have a rule: If the cable came with the monitor/TV, it is undoubtedly crap. Discard it and purchase a good quality one.

Hope this helps,

...S

KKOCHER
Novice
Thank you for your reply, But the Cables do work Fine on other devices, like Computers or Laptops.
Even a raspberry pi manages 4K 60Hz on those cables.
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello KKOCHER, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following, please connect an FHD monitor to one port and a 4K monitor to the other one to get the reports:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Please provide more details about the connection: 

• Brand and model number of the monitor/TV.  
  • Are you using a straight HDMI connection or are you using any adapter in between? 
  • Is the resolution 4096x2304? What is the refresh rate?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

KKOCHER
Novice
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I managed to run 4k on the TV if i boot in safemode and select low resolution. When the OS is finished loading, I then can select the desired resolution. This is the only way of achieving 4K on the NUC.

I will attach the report later, when i get home.
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello KKOCHER, 

Thank you for your update. 

To investigate this behavior, it would be great to have the reports previously requested. 

Please feel free to post the outcome as soon as you have an update, we will be looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Jose_V_Intel

Hi KKOCHER,

I want to know if you were able to get the report requested before.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello KKOCHER,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M