cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VSant6
Beginner

NUC7PJYH query

Hello,

I just received the NUC7PJYH I ordered from Amazon India. But upon inspecting the content I was surprised to find that there is no power cord. There was a power adapter. But no power cord to connect it to the socket. So I searched around Intel site and found this page: https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/articles/000007053/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html Power Cord Options for Intel® NUC Products According to that page, the one I bought doesn't include the power cord and I have to buy it separately! So again I searched around and found this one recommended by Amazon itself: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01IOZUHRS Gizga Essentials Laptop Power Cable Cord- 3 Pin Adapter Isi Certified(1 Meter/3.3 Feet) - Buy Gizga Essentials Laptop Po… So I just want to know if it is the correct one? If not then please point me towards the correct one.

Regards,

Vishwesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is correct; Intel does not make product SKUs that include the power cords necessary for every country in the world. You need a cord that adapts from your wall A/C outlet to the power brick's A/C inlet. The connector for the power brick's end of the cord looks correct to me. I have no idea what the other end needs to look like, however, but you should be able to answer that.

Hope this helps,

...S

VSant6
Beginner

Thank you. If you check the Intel link I posted, there is India specific model listed (BOXNUC7PJYH5) which includes Indian power cord. If I knew before that Intel is also selling products without a power cord, I'd have looked for that India specific model. But this is my first NUC, so it's a lesson learned I guess.

About the cord, I only wanted confirmation about the power brick connector (it's also called Mickey Mouse connector, right?), cause I already know that other end is India specific.

So thanks again.

Vishwesh.