cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGuen
Beginner

NUC7PJYH2 does not start & ram issues

Hello togehter,

Since today I have a NUC7PJYH2 on my table but it makes me some troubles.

1. I just installed 1 memory module on the upper bank. If I install the same modle on the lower bank the NUC just starts with the RAM error blink code. The same happens if I install a identical module on the upper or lower bank.

2. Witht the working module the NUC does not start. I mean realy nothin happens. The Harddisk logo is shining Orange and the Power on is blue burt nothing more. I should at leaset see the BIOS and logon screen but even the monitor is not powered up. On some other threads it was mentioned to reset the bios by power on holding 3 sec and the button is turning orange. If I do this the NUC is turning off or nothing happen.

My configuration so far:

- 4 GB Ram Module Corsair Value Select: CMSOG8GX4M2A2133C15

- No SSD or external boot medium installed

- Monitor connected via HDMI

- no keyboard or anything else attached. Just the bare minimum system.

- The monitor is an old iiyama T2252MTS-B3

I shoud see the boot screen and F2/F3 / F whtsoever menue at least. Absolutely clear that I will see no OS without boot medium.

Does have anybody have an idea whats wrong. To be honest I did not expect that much trouble with the NUC.

Thanky you in advance.

MGU_TMX

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PeterNUC
New Contributor I

I'd suggest to try another monitor (or TV). The NUC might not be able to negotiate correctly with your monitor.

Best, Peter

MGuen
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I already tried another monitor but also without sucess. If the communication between the NUC and the monitor is an issue this will be a no go for me unfortuately.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi,

1. Your SODIMM kit is probably CMSO8GX4M2A2133C15 and not CMSOG8GX4M2A2133C15. Any way it was not tested and verified by Intel for your kit:http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC...… There is even similiar SODIMM on this list ( CMSO32GX4M2A2133C15), founded not to be compatible. Always safe is to buy memory tested by Intel for specific NUC. In addition the Technical Data Specification doesn't enough data that we can know the SDRAM density for this SODIMM. Not all densities are compatible.

2. So, in this case my advise is to check another memory set. Use the Intel Product Compatibility tool to choose the right one.

Leon

MGuen
Beginner

Hi, thank you for your reply. The compatibility list for the NUC is quite short and most od the modules are not available.

I think I will send the NUC back and by another micro PC with better compatibility.

Regards,

MGU_TMX

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Sorry for your disappointment from your NUC. You should be aware that your NUC works only with 4 Gb or 8 Gb memory technology. That means that if your 4GB SODIMM has SDRAM elements on both sides, it will be 8 SDRAMs (4Gbit density). If the SDRAM are on one side only, it should be 4 modules only (8Gbit density).

2. You can try to borrow some other DDR4 SODIMM and check if memory compatibility was the problem or NUC hardware failure.

Regards

Leon