Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VLomb
Beginner

NUC7i&BNH, HP 273m, & USB-C = no love

Hi, I have the above mentioned setup but I cannot get the NUC to recognize the monitor. I initially had the NUC setup with monitor #1 hooked up with DP to DP and monitor #2 hooked up USB-C to DP via adapter. Each morning the DP to DP monitor would not wake up and I would have to power it off and back on. This is an annoyance but I could work with it. I now have a need for the webcam built into the monitor but it is not seen by Windows with the assumption that the USB-C to DP cable would not pass the USB device. I then decided to try USB-C to USB-C as I believe that the connection is true thunderbolt. Unfortunately the monitor is not seen at all now. Since I only have 1 USB-C on the NUC, I cannot hook it back up as USB-C to DP and then have a 2nd USB-C to the monitor for the webcam. Any help would be fantastic.

System specs:

32GB RAM

Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 64-bit

Fully patched as of today via Intel support assistant

-Victor

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

In addition to the USB-C interface, the BN NUC has a HDMI output, not a DP output. Are you converting from HDMI to DP? This is problematic because the DP output of the processor was just converted to HDMI.

Secondly, you can get multiport adapters that separately expose the DP interface and USB interface. In fact, I have seen some that include a MST hub and expose connectors for two DP monitors.

...S

VLomb
Beginner

I apologize, you are correct in that I have HDMI connections as well as the USB-C to DP. I’d love to see what device you are discussing as I haven’t see anything other than docking stations that try to supply power to the USB-C connection and have network adapters and all that stuff that I don’t need. Thanks for you help so far though. -V Victor Lombardo IT Manager JCCS Victor.Lombardo@jccscpa.com
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You cannot use the power-delivery feature of any of the adapters out there - but you can certainly use the multiport capabilities.

Here are some examples:

Again, what it important is that the adapter must use a MST Hub to support multiple monitors.

...S

...S