Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
POlso
Beginner

NUC7i3BNB with HDMI Sound problems

Problem: NUC's are attached to a Interactive touch TV and when switching inputs from NUC to whatever and back, the sound gets disable or no longer recognizes the TV as a sound device.

So i work in a school district with alot of Gen 6 NUCs and now Gen 7 NUCs. We have purchased Gen 7 NUC's NUC7i3BNB with BIOS version BNKBL357.86A.0060.2017.1214.2013. I have just updated the BIOS to BN0069.bio and issue continues.

We have these NUCs mounted to Boxlight 75" Touch TV's and whenever the input is changed there is a high chance that when you go back to the input of the NUC that the sound is Red X'd out and cannot be troubleshoot to repaired to work. The only workaround at this time is to UNPLUG the HDMI cable from the TV and plug it back in or Restart the NUC and this is not a solution. All NUCs are using HDMI cables plugged into HDMI 2.0 slots, not 1.4.

I would like to also point that these NUCs have been mounted to 75" NewLine touch TVs and have the same problem. Hence it is a NUC problem. On the BoxLight TV's the BIOS boot shows the color of the screen to be Green and not the typical black that you would see during boot up. Not sure if that is a HDMI issue in general. We also just bought a Type C (NUC) to Display Port cable (TV) and are troubleshooting to see if issue continues this way.

Please see this thread for the attached file from Intel display save file on one of our Boxlight TV's with a NUC attached. communities.intel.com/thread/125277

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello peterohmy,

Thank you for joining our Intel ® Community.

I understand that you are experiencing audio issues when switching the output from your Interactive touch TV.

Just to make sure, the issue happens on both Gen 6 NUCs and now Gen 7 NUCs, right?

Have you tried to test Intel® NUC7i3BNB only with the TV and all other display/audio devices disconnected to see if the issue persists?

Please connect one device at a time to see if there is a compatibility issue with another device.

Please provide me with the .txt file that the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-Best System Support Utility will generate on the currently non-working NUC. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

POlso
Beginner

Hello Diego,

Sorry for the delay, but work is crazy busy.

We only have a few Gen 6's connected to older model touch TV's, but they appear to be working fine, though some of them are connected via DisplayPort.

We have now connected two of our Gen7 NUC's with Type C to Displayport cables and so far have had no reports of sound getting disabled/lost.

I have removed all other devices from the TV and issue remains. Note that the TV's have a built in Android OS that acts as a input and cannot be removed/disabled. These TVs will auto switch inputs when a new device is connected and powered on.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

idata
Community Manager

Hello peterohmy,

Because you are connecting the units to a TV/monitor using an HDMI or DisplayPort cable, the audio is provided through the graphics driver available for your Intel® NUC. According to the report attached, the graphics driver version installed is 23.20.16.4973.

Try installing the graphics driver version 24.20.100.6229 (Latest) for testing purposes.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28114/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NU... 24.20.100.6229

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
idata
Community Manager

Hello peterohmy,

We just wanted to double check if you need further assistance?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

POlso
Beginner

It appears that the driver update has resolved the problem. None of my teachers have said the problem has re-occured since the update. Thank you. By the way, how often does Microsoft update their driver list? When i went to the graphics drivers before and asked Windows to look for updates, it said it was up to date.

idata
Community Manager

Hello peterohmy,

Thank you for your response.

I am very glad to hear that the update of the Graphic drivers has fixed the issue so far.

Regarding your question, based on the https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/faq.aspx Microsoft Update Catalog, security-related updates are released once a month. However, if a security threat occurs, such as a widespread virus or worm, Microsoft will release a corresponding update as soon as possible. Other types of updates (graphics, wireless) can be released whenever they are ready.

This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel ® of the content, products, or services offered there.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation