cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7i3BNH Audio Drivers not working

Hi:

Mi audio devices suddenly disappear from the audio options.

I tried to reinstall audio drivers on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26329/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-K... Download Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Intel® NUC Kits with not success.

Please... i need help, my work depend on this.

Sincerely. Daniel

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The Realtek Audio Driver supports the use of the front-panel audio jack for use of local headphones or speakers. The Intel HD Audio Driver supports the output of digital audio over USB-C, Display Port and HDMI graphics outputs (the downstream devices (TVs, Receivers, Sound Bars, etc.) would then output the audio to the connected speakers). Now, the Intel HD Audio Driver is included (bundled) within the Intel HD Graphics Driver Package and is installed at the same time as the Intel HD Graphics Driver. The Intel HD Audio Driver automatically activates itself if a downstream audio output capability is detected and this audio output path will be used automatically (unless you have, for example, set the Realtek Audio Driver to be the default).

My suggestion would be to download and install the latest version of the Intel HD Graphics Package. You can start the download of the latest version of this package from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26947/NUCs-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Int... Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, and NUC7i7BN.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi:

Mi audio devices suddenly disappear from the audio options.

Windows7 64bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Well, Windows 7 is not supported on 7th gen processors.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for de Reply N.Scott.Pearson

I Try this with no results. I having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok, let's back up. What output devices do you actually have? Basic Monitor? TV with speakers? More than one? Receiver with speakers? Standalone Speakers (connected to audio port on NUC)?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have one VGA monitor with no speakers connected through an adapter.

I use the Plantronics C320-M headset with proper drivers installed.

This is haw i see sound properties after install all the drivers:

0 Kudos
Highlighted

After installing what drivers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, all of them, including the one you send me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I face very similar problems. I have a Intel NUC7I5BNH. I use a "HDMI -> VGA + 3.5mm audio" adapter. The video works perfect. The audio is also working, but the corresponding audio device (listed as "8-Intel Display Audio") uses to disappear. If this happens, the audio does not work anymore. If I would like to have the audio back, I need to reinstall a driver (for example the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or the Intel HD Graphics Driver) or I need to decouple the adapter and plug it back in. When the audio device disappears is hard to say, sometimes every reboot, sometimes only after a few reboots.

What I tried to solve the problem is to update/reinstall a series of drivers (such as the HDMI 2.0 Firmware Update tool, v1.66 -> v1.72), but none of them solved my problem. What is going wrong here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Same problem here since begining of the year I think. can't remember what event exactly caused the issue as I use Jack port occasionnally.

0 Kudos