Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STock
Beginner

NUC7i3BNH died!

Hello. I have been using the NUC7i3BNH for less than a year when all of the sudden it just died. Completely shut off and now there is no stand-by LED, no response from the power button, nothing. I tried all the steps recommended by Intel for this issue. Tried a different power source, a different ssd/memory, etc. The unit is completely lifeless! I have reported it to Intel support, have not heard back yet. Anyone experienced this with the NUC? I had been using a 5th gen NUC for over 3 years with no issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello moccamaster,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in our Intel ® communities.

I have sent you a private message since we need to gather personal information from you.

Please take a look at your inbox

I hope this helps.

Diego S.
GFR
Beginner

I got the exact same issue in July !

Intel sent me a new unit that so far works well.

I'm a bit worried when I see it was not an isolated case (it could happen again ;-( )

It would be interesting to have someone from Intel tell us here if it's a very rare problem or a well known one and what is the cause of this sudden die and if they found a fix...

STock
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your response. It is a bit troubling to hear someone else had this same issue, but I guess these units are not perfect.

Can you tell me how long you had your NUC before it died? Was it also the 7i3BNH?

GFR
Beginner

It was indeed the 7i3BNH.

I bought it in April 2017 and it died end of June 2018...

Yes, I find it troubling too, that's why I think an answer from Intel support would be interesting.

STock
Beginner

Sorry for all the questions, but did you happen to buy your unit from Amazon? And how long did it take for Intel to replace it?

GFR
Beginner

I bought it from another web shop here in France.

I contacted Intel support directly trough their website and they have been excellent : I got a brand new unit in about a week.

idata
Community Manager

Hello GregFR,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in our Intel ® communities.

In this case we do not have any report or series of cases that could lead us to think that the situation can be part of a bigger/known issue.

We are happy to hear that your warranty replacement was quick and effective.

To moccamaster:

We are currently waiting an answer to the information that we requested through a private message, we are here to serve.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.