cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NViss
Beginner

NUC7i3BNH dont start after a bios update to 60

Jump to solution

Last night i did a bios update, from 57 to 60 and when it was finished it showed "update succesful" and the nuc shut down.

but it didnt booted back up.

i tried to start the nuc by pressing the powerbutton but nothing happend.

it just dont boot anymore, all i got is a amber powerbutton and when i press it it turns of for a split second but the nuc dont start.

i have tried to:

change the ssd

change the memory

new hdmi cable

other output device (monitor)

clear my cmos

the nuc dont start so i cant flash back a older bios.

what i got is:

a amber powerbutton

power on the usb ports

and a green licht on the motherboard.

does someone knows what to try or is the nuc broke?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Did you completely disconnect the unit's power (i.e. unplug power chord)? If not, do so for 15 minutes. You can combine with next step.

How did you attempt to clear CMOS? Did you disconnect the battery and power for 15 minutes? If not, try this.

Did you try powering on holding the power button down for 3 full seconds? If so, did you ever see the Power Button Menu?

If you remove the memory and power on, do you see the power LED flashing? If so, when you reinstall the memory and then power on, does the light go on solid or does it flash?

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Did you completely disconnect the unit's power (i.e. unplug power chord)? If not, do so for 15 minutes. You can combine with next step.

How did you attempt to clear CMOS? Did you disconnect the battery and power for 15 minutes? If not, try this.

Did you try powering on holding the power button down for 3 full seconds? If so, did you ever see the Power Button Menu?

If you remove the memory and power on, do you see the power LED flashing? If so, when you reinstall the memory and then power on, does the light go on solid or does it flash?

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

NViss
Beginner

disconeccting the battery did the trick.

thanx m8