Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRome7
Beginner

NUC7i3BNH screen flashing after bios update 0061 and graphic driver update 4877

On bios 0057 and graphic driver 4849 all work fine, and HDR works.

After update to bios 0061 and graphic driver update 4877, screen flashing and no HDR work.

NUC7i3BNH. TV Samsung QE55Q7FAMT 4K HDR. HDMI Cable 2.0 (Xbox one S).

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AØien
Beginner

Hi, I think I have the same problem with my NUC7i3BNH (the one with SSD slot).

I have it connected to a Samsung UE55JS8005 4K HDR TV, and they've been best friends for about a year with everything working good (even 4K resolution). A couple of weeks ago they started arguing and bickering, with the result of flicker and blackouts on the screen.

You can see a short video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl857avmlhqxyhe/2018-01-04%2018.43.04.mp4?dl=0 Dropbox - 2018-01-04 18.43.04.mp4

Windows 10 ver. 1709, latest Intel graphics driver (4877). Windows is a clean install in hope of fixing the problem. Didn't work.

JRome7
Beginner

Yes, this is the problem.

idata
Community Manager

JuanRuiz: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working properly.

In regard to this matter, there is another driver version that we can test in order to try to fix this problem, it is version 4901:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?pr...

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

AØien
Beginner

Are you sure I'm supposed to install that driver? Doesn't seem to like it....

JRome7
Beginner

I tried the 4901 driver, and the flashes disappear but the HDR still doesn't work.

I think it's a bios issue.

JRome7
Beginner

For manually update driver:

idata
Community Manager

JuanRuiz: Thank you very much for providing those details.

Could you please explain what do you mean with "HDR still does not work? Please provide a detailed description.

Any questions, please let me know.

newman221: Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R
JRome7
Beginner

Espero que esta imagen pueda ayudar a entender el problema:

Como veis, el Intel NUC no emite en HDR, a pesar de estar activado en Windows. Esto antes funcionaba, y la TV mostraba la etiqueta "HDR".

JRome7
Beginner

idata
Community Manager

JuanRuiz: Thank you very much for providing that information and the video. We will do further research on this subject, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

JRome7
Beginner

Can I downgrade to bios version 0057?

RB_1
Beginner

Same problem, flashing screen, Samsung tv

JRome7
Beginner

intel_corp Can I downgrade to bios version 0057?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Using the BIOS Recovery process, you can downgrade to any previous version of the BIOS that did not introduce a security enhancement or implement an architectural change in the overall firmware (BIOS releases (also) contain lots of firmware other than the BIOS). Once you get to such a release, it is a barrier and you cannot downgrade to any previous BIOS version.

In the case of BN, the last BIOS that included/introduced one of these fixes/changes was BIOS 49. Bottom line, from BIOS 61, you can downgrade to any BIOS in the range 50-60.

You might ask how I know this. It is explained in the BIOS Release Notes. In the information provided for BIOS release 50, the following comment is included: "Due to a security enhancement, it will not be possible to go to any BIOS earlier than BIOS 0050".

Does that explain it?

...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Let me add an additional comment...

When you downgrade a BIOS, it is possible that the current BIOS Configuration settings will not exactly match those supported by this previous BIOS. As a result, the settings may not be what you think they are or want them to be. I recommend that, after performing a BIOS downgrade, you use the following process to ensure that the BIOS Configuration is correct:

1. During the subsequent BIOS POST (Power-On Self-Test), when the BIOS Splash Screen appears, hit the F2 key to specify that you would like to invoke the BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) program.
  2. Once in the Visual BIOS program, use the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to specify that you would like the BIOS Configuration to be reset to the default settings.
  3. Use the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to specify that you would like the current (now default) BIOS Configuration settings to be saved and the Visual BIOS program terminated.
  4. During the subsequent BIOS POST (Power-On Self-Test), when the BIOS Splash Screen appears, hit the F2 key to specify that you would like to again invoke the Visual BIOS program.
  5. Once in the Visual BIOS program, make any changes to the BIOS Configuration that you absolutely require. For example, you may not want NUMLOCK mode enabled. A more-common change is to the Boot Order, so that your O/S boot drive is at the head of the list.
  6. Use the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to specify that you would like the current (now default) BIOS Configuration settings to be saved and the Visual BIOS program terminated.

Hope this helps,

...S

AØien
Beginner

I've made a new thread for you.

JRome7
Beginner

I have downgrade to BIOS 0057 and flashes disapear. But HDR still doesn't work, in all driver versions (4877, 4901, ...)

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi JuanRuiz:

Based on the screenshot you posted before, I see the the graphics driver has HDR enabled (Windows graphics configuration top side of the image). on the lower side I see what you report about HDR not being able to activate, is that an application? See below, I circled it in blue color:

Thanks,

Ronny G

JRome7
Beginner

Below is the image of a samsung television. He's not picking up a video signal on HDR.