cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouBen3010
Beginner

NUC7i3DNK has sporadically no HDMI output on boot

Hi there,

I'm using an Intel NUC7i3DNK as my everyday workstation. I updated to the latest BIOS (on December 26) and also used the Intel update tool to get the latest driver for my system.

But sometimes when I start my NUC the monitor (LG 29 inch widescreen) does not show any output and says "No input detected". When I restart the system it maybe shows the NUC logo and boots correctly.

I installed TeamViewer to check if the OS is ready when this behaviour occurs and so it is. I can access via TeamViewer but see no monitor. Also Windows 10 says that no monitor is detected.

I assume that the HDMI port is not booted up correctly sometimes. This is pretty annoying.

Maybe you can help me?

With best regards

LouBen3010

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MBake8
Beginner

I have had an intermittent problem with the unit not booting up and going off and on. Everything else has been checked out and the BIOS and all systems worked perfectly on another installation. I finally figured out how to bypass this "glitch" by unplugging EVERYTHING from the unit except the monitor and then adding the other inputs one by one. I believe there might be some kind of interference in the system from input from my internet cable that interferes with the normal boot up process. ( I also switched to an alternate outlet that was NOT connected to a CyberPower unit) I hope this information may be of some value to other users.

LouBen3010
Beginner

Is this solution permanent? I can try it but if that means I have to do it every boot it's not an applicable solution.

MBake8
Beginner

No, once it has booted up and everything is plugged back in it operates just fine. No problems UNLESS you decide to unplug stuff and then you may have to repeat the process..( It took me MANY tries before I figured it out and I had SUPERIOR help from an expert who couldn't figure it out either. I think it may have something to do with the "signal" from either the internet connection or the Cyberpower unit interfering with the data processor)

LouBen3010
Beginner

I will test this out but this is not a great solution. I guess Intel should say something to it or replace my machine.

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Were you able to test the previous suggestion? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation