Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UGeud
Beginner

NUC7i3DNKE: How to control the LED by software?

On NUC7i3BNH we have successfully controlled the LEDs by our own software.

The API is documented in

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023426/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html

Now we've got a NUC7i3DNKE. I has only 1 LED, but according to the

BIOS it is still controllable by software. However, it appears the

API must have changed. The old code does not work any more. Where is

the documentation for the new API?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello ugeuder,

I understand that you are having problems with controlling the LED by using a software.

Regarding this, I am currently working to find the best solution for you, as I understand you are looking for an updated version of the code in order to be able to use the software properly with the Intel ® NUC7i3DNKE. Please allow me some time, I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello ugeuder,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

After some research and checking the information that we have at hand I have found that in fact, the "Dawson Canyon" NUCs do not have a programmable LED light. I do apologize if this brings up any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
UGeud
Beginner

Hi David @ intel_corp ,

Thank you for your reply.

Are there any technical specs available showing this difference? I did a product comparison at https://ark.intel.com/compare/122495,95066 Intel® Product Specification Comparison but I did not notice that the products would differ in LED functionality.

If LEDs are not software programmable in the product this option should be removed from or greyed out in the BIOS UI.

Could you please open a bug report against the BIOS UI for me? Or let me know where I can do that.

I am running BIOS Version: 0040 (Latest) Date: 3/15/2018 , which contains UI Visual BIOS: 2.2.25 and there the power LED can still be set to "SW control".

idata
Community Manager

Hello ugeuder,

Thank you for your response.

Just for reference, could you please reply to this with pictures attached of the option in question. This is so I can see what you see on your BIOS.

Regards,

David V
UGeud
Beginner

Here you are!

idata
Community Manager

Hello ugeuder,

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. For now I will post the information on your case. However, I cannot tell when or if there will be a fix for the current BIOS version for the unit. Nevertheless, I thank you for providing the information.

Regards,

David V