Bios version BNKBL357.86A.0042.2017.003.1854 does not detect my SSD anymore
sandisk 64G SSD - SD8SNAT-064G-1122.
This was fine a few days ago but now I cannot boot
how do i fix this?
1. Is your SSD recognized in Bios? Enter bios by pressing F2 during boot and check in Advanced>Devices>SATA.
2. If the SSD can not be seen in bios, this happened after bios update?
Your bios is an old version (0042). The latest version for you NUC is 0070. I suggest that you will update your bios first using bios recovery method from Power Button Menu. If still your SSD will not be recognized, you should check this SSD in other computer.
Follow those steps to recover your bios:
- Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 (disable quick format option during format). Format your USB on Windows machine (rather than Linux or MAC). Save the Bios file BN0070.bio (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28265/BIOS-Update-BNKBL357-86A-?product=95067 Download BIOS Update [BNKBL357.86A] ) on this stick and insert it into USB slot (NUC shall be OFF).
- Press Power Button for about 3 seconds. You should release the Power Button soon as the power led changes color from blue to amber. While you see the LED color change , release the Power Button - NUC shall reboot into Power Button Menu.
- Press F4 and the recovery shall start (it can take up to 30 seconds for messages to appear on the screen).
- When the recovery finishes, pull out the power cord.
- Replace the power cord and press Power Button to switch the computer to ON.
- Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
- Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.
- If before update, you have customized bios settings, you can enter again to Bios setting to change the necessary settings.
If for some reason you have difficulty to boot into Power Button Menu, you may recover your Bios using Security Jumper method https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html
We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.
Were you able to follow the recommended steps?
Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.
Intel (R) Customer Support Technician
Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation