cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHeim
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH BIOS Help

Jump to solution

I am trying to set the BIOS so that the lights on the front of my NUC7i5BNH do this. When I shut the computer down there is no light on the power button. When the computer is on the power button has a green light. I want the HDD activity light to flash and be amber ( the flashing rectangular light ). When the computer is in sleep or suspend mode the power button blinks green. Is there a manual for my NUC that explains how to do these things?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DHoga2
Valued Contributor II

I am not from Intel but I believe that the specific steps in previous answer do not achieve what you requested.

For example they would change the button to be HDD activity rather than the ring to be HDD activity as you desired.

Finding the settings is still similar, but there are lots of choices such as pictured at the following URL

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023554/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-mini-pcs.html Power Button LED and Ring LED Settings on Intel® NUC Kits

I do not have mine open to see the specific choices, but you would try things such as change the Ring to HDD activity and see if it has option for amber, and see if the button S0 and S3 have option for green, and see if the button S5 can be always off.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Enter Bios settings (press F2 during boot)

2. In bios, open Advanced>Power

3. In R.H. panel - Secondary Power Settings set:

• Button LED to HDD Activity LED
  • Brightness to 50%
  • Color to Amber

4. Press F10 followed by "Y" to save settings and exit to O.S.

Leon

DHoga2
Valued Contributor II

I am not from Intel but I believe that the specific steps in previous answer do not achieve what you requested.

For example they would change the button to be HDD activity rather than the ring to be HDD activity as you desired.

Finding the settings is still similar, but there are lots of choices such as pictured at the following URL

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023554/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-mini-pcs.html Power Button LED and Ring LED Settings on Intel® NUC Kits

I do not have mine open to see the specific choices, but you would try things such as change the Ring to HDD activity and see if it has option for amber, and see if the button S0 and S3 have option for green, and see if the button S5 can be always off.

View solution in original post

PHeim
Beginner

Thank you dougho, the link to those setting is exactly what I needed to set up my NUC LED's how I wanted them.