Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKrug
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH - HDMI Signal to Samsung TV blocks other signals.

Hi there, have a head scratcher and I'm out of my depth. I have a NUC7i5BNH connected via HDMI to a Samsung 4k HD as a monitor. Everything works great, except ... whenever the NUC is powered on, my Samsung fails to recognize the Apple TV which is also connected. As soon as I power off or unplug the NUC, the Apple TV is immediately recognized. I have toggled every setting available on the TV and and am wondering if anyone can think of some potential setting on the NUC which is overriding other signals going into my TV?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Have you tried disabling CEC support in the NUC? Use F2 to enter Visual BIOS then select Advanced, then Devices and then the Onboard Devices tab. In the Legacy Device Configuration parameters on the right-hand side, disable (uncheck) parameter HDMI CEC Control.

Hope this helps (grasping at straws),

...S

DKrug
Beginner

This seems to have done the trick. Had some trouble getting into the BIOS with F2, had to go through Windows, but I disabled it and things seem to be working ok now.

Perhaps a related question - whenever I am using the HDTV as a monitor and I turn it off, my computer makes a notification sound - I am assuming it is detecting the presence/absence of the monitor. I can't see any notifications when I turn the TV back on. Anyone have an idea how to prevent the NUC from doing whatever it's doing when the device is powered off?

Thanks for the help.

D

RP5
Beginner

Turn off System sounds in Windows.