Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JStar3
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH Headless Debian (Linux)

I'm running Debian on the NUC7i5BNH and despite having installed the latest BIOS, ensured power settings are set to high performance, and making sure no power saving or sleep features are enabled on the OS, the NUC still goes to sleep after approximately 10 minutes. I have daemonized VNC so it's enabled at boot, but the NUC is unaccessible after it goes to sleep. Everything I've been able to find on the forums points to AMT, but it appears this is normally enabled through Windows. I have found some information for Linux AMT support, as AMT appears to be OS agnostic, but it looks like it has limited support. All I need at this point is for the NUC to not go to sleep. I've also tried a 4k HDMI emulator, and caffeine (stay-awake software). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team, Starke427. I will do my best to assist you further.

Firstly, allow me to mention that the Operating System installed on the unit it is not supported by the NUC (cf. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products) therefore, the results of using this Linux version, may vary.

Can you verify if you have this same issue when using Windows* 10 OS?

Antony S.
JStar3
Beginner

I'm currently testing some changes against Xorg within Linux, to see if there are any other power saving features enabled through the OS.

If this doesn't work I'll try testing the problem with a Windows Live-USB.

Thanks!

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Starke427.

I would like to know if you could test your NUC using Windows 10*?

Antony S.
GNori
Beginner

Hello,

I couldn't go as far as you went but I would love to help you... problem is I've been struggling with ethernet lan on NUC7i5BNH => I'm not getting any network !

How did you sort this out ?