cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH Legacy PXE Boot

Hi all

We recently purchased a NUC7i5 for evaluation purposes. To deploy images we use syslinux 6.02 PXE Boot on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I setup all the options in the BIOS but I cannot get the NUC to load PXE boot, error message says:

"PXE-EC8: !PXE structure was not found in UNDI driver code segment."

BIOS was updated to the latest version.

All other workstations (Dell Optiplex) work fine over this PXE.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Cheers

Labteam

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello labteam,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community.

I would like to confirm a couple of things mentioned in your previous input, please see below;

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Amy

1) Yes this is the version

2) Yes we are trying to boot from network.

Regards

labteam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Amy

I figured it out. I reset the BIOS to default configuration and went through all the options to find the conflicting one.

Apparently if I set "IGD Minimum Menory" to 512MB and "IGD Aperture Size" to 1024MB (which are the maximum values for both settings)

legacy PXE won't work. If I set "IGD Aperture Size" to 512MB it works.

Problem solved for now but just out of interest, any idea why this prevents PXE from working?

Regards

labteam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

This is likely occurring because the address space reservations required are conflicting with the PXE feature.

Why are you touching these parameters at all? The optimal settings are the defaults; the graphics driver, at runtime, will manage things on its own, dynamically adjusting video memory as required.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

labteam, I am glad to hear you got this working.

I agree with Scott; it could be related to the space reservations, and this you were able to confirm by setting everything back to normal.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos