Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPers1
New Contributor III

NUC7i5BNH ME_Consumer_Win10_1950.14.0.1443 Update

NUC7i5BNH intel Management interface refuses to install ends with fatal error...

If I uninstall all previous versions it says unsupported platform...

The installed version is 1931.14.0.1323 and is a patched safe version.

I'm running windows insider 19551 but I do not think that should be a factor here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Are you uninstalling the previos version first? From where and how?

"I don't think is a factor", but there are known cases of things not working correctly under Windows insider versions... You should also check with Microsoft if there is any limitation from this insider version... ask them for more details (this doesn´t hurt)

Do you have the chance to test a non-insider build? either on this NUC or on another?

AlHill
Super User

Build 19551 is not supported. If you experience problems with that build, report them to Microsoft as insiders should be doing.

I updated FIVE NUCs yesterday, on W10 1909. and experienced NO PROBLEMS.

Doc

DPers1
New Contributor III

Uninstalled in devicemanager(disable network so no auto re-install)

Anyhow it's probably in issue with the insider build according to Al.

Not to worried everything works fine. There's no changelog so not even sure what it's for.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This package installs the interfaces for specific Intel Management Engine (ME) features and the driver that allows these interfaces to communicate with the ME and the firmware subsystems supporting these features. Typically, when you see updates to this package, it is because of security issues being discovered and mitigated in the interfaces for these features, though, in rare cases, new features are also introduced this way. Updated ME firmware is included within and is installed as part of a BIOS update. This package must be separately installed. This can happen automatically (via iDSA, the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, or, in some cases, via Windows Update), or it can be downloaded and installed manually by the user.

...S

DPers1
New Contributor III

I know what its for, what I'm saying is that I don't know what/why the upgrade is for.

I'm on BIOS 81. so that's the latest.

Maybe windows will upgrade it but for now windows seems happy.