Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HOste1
Novice

NUC7i5BNH: No HDMI playback audio devices in Sound Control Panel, NUC hardware defect?

I want to play back audio via HDMI cable on the NETWORK STEREO RECEIVER Onkyo TX-L20D.

I had a look on this article "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005656/graphics-drivers.html No Audio Through My HDMI Cable". But I didn't find any HDMI playback device in my sound control panel, even though the NUC and the Onkyo are connected via HDMI cable. This cable is working properly between the Onkyo and a TV screen.

I have already reinstalled the Intel display driver, here you can see an extract of the Detailed-System-Report.html.

GraphicsIntel® Iris® Plus Graphics 640Adapter CompatibilityIntel CorporationVideo ProcessorIntel® Iris® Graphics FamilyResolution2560 x 1440Bits Per Pixel32Number of Colors4294967296Refresh Rate - Current60 HzRefresh Rate - Maximum60 HzRefresh Rate - Minimum29 HzDriver ProviderIntel CorporationDriver Version24.20.100.6136Driver Date24.05.2018Adapter DAC TypeInternalAdapter RAM1,00 GBAvailabilityRunning at full powerStatusThis device is working properly. LocationPCI bus 0, device 2, function 0Device IdPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5926&SUBSYS_20688086&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10

AudioIntel® Display-AudioDriver ProviderIntel® CorporationDriver Version<td style="color: # 003c71; font-size: 13.93px; padd...
0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello kho

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide me with a description of the environment set up that you have built? Type of connection from NUC to the receiver, form the receiver to display and from the receiver to speakers.

If the NUC is directly connected to the display do you have any audio issues?

What is the model part number of the display and the model part number of the receiver?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

HOste1
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

I have only one HDMI cable in use, either connect between NUC and receiver or between receiver and TV (I use the TV only from time to time). The speakers are connected to the receiver as 'normal' paired audio cables.

When the NUC is directly connected to the TV with this cable everythings works fine, second screen and (gruesome) TV sound. And the TV is listed in the list of playback devices.

My main NUC display is an EIZO EV2736W, no audio issues with it. They are connected via display port cable.

The TV device is a Philips, Model 32PFL3606H/12

The only number I found on the Onkyo is this: 17 SERIAL 519UP5730601998B

I have tried all 4 HDMI input jacks of the Onkyo. When I plug in the cable in or unplug it again the windows sounds for new device or unplug device were played, but no device appears in the sound applet.

Regards

Holger

idata
Community Manager

Hello kho

Thank you for your response.

Looking into the information provided seems that what you are facing is a miss communication issue with the receiver, I recommend contacting the receiver manufacturer to verify the comparability of the unit with the NUC.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello kho

Allow me to share with you that I was investigating more your case, I am noticing that on the tested peripherals for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNH there is an AV receivers model Onkyo TX-NR545 that has been tested with the NUC, in this case, I am recommending to contact the receiver manufacturer in order to provide more inside on the configuration for the model that you are setting up.

Here you case see the link for the tested peripherals:

http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC...

Regards,

Leonardo C.

HOste1
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

Thanks for this info.

I will ask the Onkyo support.

Regards

Holger

HOste1
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

parallel to the open ticket at Onkyo, I made another detection.

I had the chance to test the Onkyo and the HDMI cable with another PC, a DELL E7240 notebook.

And in this combination the sound playback works as expected!

This reinforces my assumption that the NUC is the source of the problem.

I have attached three screen shots from the DELL sound configuration (there is also an Intel Display-Audio driver running...)

Regards

Holger

idata
Community Manager

Hello kho

Thank you for your response, and for the information provided, have you tried to replace the NUC? I case you have not done that please contact us by Phone or e-mail, please refer to the following link for your area of support:

https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/contact-support.html?_ga=2.179916004.1567995295.15299... @6 https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/contact-support.html?_ga=2.179916004.1567995295.15299... @6

Regards,

Leonardo C.

HOste1
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

I have just opened a ticket in the Intel Online Service Center, the ticket number is this one:

Ihre Support-Antragsnummer ist 03452390

Regrads

Holger

idata
Community Manager

Hello kho

Thank you for your response and for the information, a local support agent will contact you to assist you in your case.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

HOste1
Novice

Hello Leonardo,

the NUC replacement is finished.

I will start my tests during the next days.

Regards

Holger

idata
Community Manager

Hello kho

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.