Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HVafa
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH - Samsung 970 EVO M.2

I just got my NUC, and looking for a hard drive.

I came across a Samsung 970 EVO. Is the NUC able to handle the speed or should i stick with a Samsung 860 EVO?

Has anyone tried this combo? What are the read and write results?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DPers1
New Contributor III

I have a 970 250 GB on My NUC7i5(replaced 32GB Optane). It's Flying ,1500+MB Write / 3500+MB Read speed varies with size, install Samsung Driver.

HVafa
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Just a side note for future reference - NUC7i5 is not a proper way to abbreviate your NUC's name. There are two families of 7th generation NUCs that this abbreviation could apply to (the NUC7i# BN and the NUC7i# DN families). Either use the full name (NUC7i5BN) or a properly indicative abbreviation like "i5 BN" ("BN" being Intel's two-character abbreviation for the "Baby Canyon" code name).

Just saying,

...S

DPers1
New Contributor III

Scott,

It used to be an NUC7i5BNHX1 but I'm not sure what to call it now since the Optane has been replaced by the EVO970.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Well, a NUC7i5BNHX1 with its Optane module removed is identical to a NUC7i5BNH. The H simply indicates that it has the taller chassis and bay for 2.5" SATA drive, so, for issues not involving the SATA drive, you are down to NUC7i5BN (or NUC7i5BNB, if referring specifically to the board). In either case, "i5 BN" is still a sufficient identifier whereas "NUC7i5" is not.

...S