I am trying to install Windows 10 on a Samsung EVO 960 m.2 drive (only drive installed).
First updated to latest BIOS (0062), usb installation stick appears as UEFI, the Samsung EVO 960 m.2 only as Legacy device.
After the installation started I am asked for a driver which I don't have.....
Any advice how to make it appear as UEFI drive (I guess this will solve the driver issue as well)?
1. Ensure that your Bios setting are set to defaults (press F9 and "Y", press F10 followed by "Y").
2. Check that M.2 Slot is enabled in Bios settings: Advanced->Devices->PCI->M.2 Slot. and that your SSD is recognised in Bios.
3. Install the Windows as explained in this tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html Windows 10 Help Forums . Most important, delete the old existing partition as explained in para.13 of this tutorial (skip para.12).
thank you for your reply.
I followed 1. and 2., but when I start the installation I will not get to the "delete partiton" option, since I am asked for the driver before allready!
This is where I get stuck.
1. Since you have set Bios to default I assume the following:
- the UEFI boot is enabled (in Boot)
- the Chipset SATA Mode is set to AHCI (in Devices->Sata)
- your SSD is recognized correctly in M.2 slot
Please verify the above
2. If your answer is positive, must be something wrong with your installation media since SSD NVMe driver is included in Windows 10 installation. Are you using USB media for installation? If not please prepare one, using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Download Windows 10 . Some user prefer to prepare installation media USB, using Rufus and downloaded from Windows ISO image (you can download such image also using Microsoft Media Creation Tool).