cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH display (HDMI/thunderbolt)

Hello,

I have a HP E222 monitor connected via the HDMI, and a Dell P1914s via thunderbolt to displayport cable. Problem is frequently on boot up, there is no display from the second monitor connected via the thunderbolt. I tried to unplug and plug both the thunderbolt adapter and the displayport adapter on the monitor. Display will only come through after I unplug and plug in the displayport adaptor on the monitor. What could be the problems here? I am running Windows 10 64bit, 16 gb ram with the lastest BIOS, graphics and thunderbolt drivers.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello duaduaki,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

First, I would like to get basic information about your sytem. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

5. Please provide the Thunderbolt adapter model you are using.

Also, does the BIOS screen/Splash screen displays on the second monitor when you power up your unit?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you swap monitor ports so the Dell is on the HDMI and the HP is on the TB? See if you get the same results using a different config. I know I have had sync issues with Dell monitors on TB ports.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The experts are telling me that it is very important to understand whether you have a true TBT-to-DP adapter or a USB-C-to-DP adapter. Please let us know which you have.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello duaduaki,

Were you able to follow the troubleshooting steps provided by MrMitch and N. Scott Pearson?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Does a TB to DP adapter even exists?

Thx.

Edit. I think there is an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter with the TB2 end like a mini-DP port but as I know it wont work to connect it to a DP monitor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello duaduaki,

I will do further research about these issues.

Please provide the following information:

-USB-C-to-DP adapter model

-Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. You can follow the steps that I posted before.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello duaduaki,

I am just following up on your inquiry.

Are you able to attach the report and provide the following information?

-USB-C-to-DP adapter model

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos