Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GNori
Beginner

NUC7i5BNH issue with ethernet (Debian, Redhat)

Hey there,

I just got a NUC7i6BNH and I'm getting a very hard time with my network.

Indeed, I'm unable to ping anything else than the IP set in network confs or retrieved by the ARP Table of my router. However, I can't ping anything else including gateway.

Also, I can see my MAC and correct IP on my router but unable to ping the NUC from it...

Here is the conf of my interfaces on Debian:

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto eno1

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0

iface vmbr0 inet static

address 192.168.2.129

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.2.1

bridge_ports eno1

bridge_stp off

bridge_fd 0

resolv.conf:

search variamus.systems

nameserver 192.168.2.1

I also tried to set eno1 as dhcp, static along with similar parameters as vmbr0 but still getting the same issue.

Conf of interfaces on CentOS7:

BOOTPROTO=static

DEVICE=eno1

IPADDR=192.168.2.129

GATEWAY=192.168.2.1

ONBOOT=yes

TYPE=Ethernet

USERCTL=no

PREFIX=24

I also tried to set bootproto as dhcp instead of static.

ethtool reports me that the uplink is detected and set on full duplex.

However, on CentOS7, WLAN works on the same router.

Also, to make sure it was not a hardware problem, I also installed Windows 10 and the ethernet is perfectly working (DHCP or Static).

I tried with several others ethernet cables and my bios has been updated just like e1000e drivers.

There are no iptables neither firewall on.

Do you guys have any idea of possible issue ? I'm really struggling with this weird problem..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Only windows 10 is supported on your nuc. If you need assistance with Linux* on Intel NUC, check your distributor's website and forums for peer assistance.

Doc

GNori
Beginner

Yes, however it seems that many users have successfully set up this NUC under Linux distribution so I was wondering for hints about it actually.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Variamus,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Communities. Please ask this question in /community/tech/nuc Intel NUC Communities if you have not already. We can confirm the hardware works, but the operating system is not supported. Intel NUC Communities will have more experience with issues relating to the NUC.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel