Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12117 Discussions

NUC7i5BNHXF - Blue screen and issue after Win 10 update (0x800f0845)

phisola
Beginner

Hello,

Since the last Win 10 update, I have some issue with a NUC NUC7i5BNHXF.

I had a blue screen, I reinitialized Win 10 on the NUC computer.

Currently, computer do not have blue screen anymore but NUC does not manage to install some Win 10 update.

There is an error code 0x800f0845 (see picture)

Do you know what could be the root cause of this issue?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello phisola

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Did you check with Microsoft for the failed Windows update?

Please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

phisola
Beginner

Hello David,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have enclosed the System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results (see NUC.txt)

Concerning Windows update, I did not check yet with Microsoft.

I will send them a message.

Best regards.

Philippe.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @phisola 

If during reinitializing (reset) Windows, you have selected the option: "Remove everything" , you need to reinstall the drivers:

1. Download and install the Chipset Device Software as the first.

2. Next, download and install the Management Engine Driver. Reboot your NUC.

3. Next, download and install all other drivers from the Download Site. Now, the order of installation is irrelevant. You can reboot your NUC only once, after installing the kast driver.

4. Instead of installing the drivers as instructed in para.3 above, you may download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and it will help you to install all the drivers (the drivers mentioned in para. 1-2 should be downloaded and installed manually).

Leon

phisola
Beginner

Hello Leon,

For Win 10 reinitialization, I did not choose option "Remove everything" so the drivers are already installed.

Anayway I will check to do what you have indicated (Intel Driver & Support Assistant)

Best regards.

Philippe.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Philippe,

From the SSU report I can see that you have never updated the BIOS firmware. The currently installed version is 4 years old version 0049.  In the mean time 26 newer version of BIOS where released and today the latest version is version 0085. If you decide to update BIOS (which I would do), since it is major jump updating from version 0049, do this in two steps:

Step I:

1. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows. Download the BN0085.bio file. Copy the BN0085.bio file to the root of this USB.
2. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom panel from your NUC.
3. Remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper. (page 59 in Technical Product Specification)
5. Insert the USB with the BN0085.bio file into rear USB slot.
6. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
7. When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Remove the USB and reinstall the bottom panel.
8. Power your NUC ON.
9. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
10. Press F9(followed by Enter), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by Enter), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.

Step II
1. Insert the USB with the BN0085.bio file into rear USB slot (your NUC should be OFF)
2. Power ON you NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatedly click on F7. NUC will boot into storage menu. You should select your USB stick (mass storage device) and than the BN0085.bio file. Click enter the update will start and end during 2-3 minutes.
3. When update ends, the NUC will reboot.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I will add that I have to disagree with what Leon says in his point 4. Do not rely on the IDSA facility to do the initial installations. The drivers supported are only a limited subset of what you actually need overall. Do it right; download the driver set provided by Intel and install these packages manually.

...S

David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous posts?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

phisola
Beginner

Hello David,

Sorry for the delay, I was a little bit busy.

The computer which has an issue is my father's one.

I explained him how to install "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" and start this software.

He sent me the results enclosed (see Intel Driver & Support Assistant.jpg)

I will contact him soon in order to install the 6 updates mentioned.

Best regards.

Philippe

Intel Driver & Support Assistant.jpg