Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPers1
New Contributor III

NUC7i5BNHXF-Taskbar ICONS Missing on extended display(TV)

I have the following setup.

Main Display is a 27" 1920 Monitor attached to Thunderbolt port with USB C to HDMI (Samsung)Cable, NO Problems

Extended Display is a 55" Sharp 1920 TV attached to the HDMI port.

If I set up system to Duplicate Display there is no problem I get all app Icons on Both Displays.

In Extended Mode The following happens

If TV is Turned on HDMI or Normal TV and I boot up the NUC The ICONS are there on the TV Taskbar.

If TV is off when I boot up the NUC The ICONS are missing on the TV Taskbar(unless you are in Duplicate mode).

Same issue when NUC wakes up from sleep.

I found a quick way to get the ICON's back, Right click on taskbar and toggle - Show task view Button- or any other one and they come back.

I have tried every conceivable setting in BIOS also tested different HDMI cable but to no avail. Win 10 PRO with all the display settings correctly......

I DO NOT WANT DUPLICATE DISPLAY.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DPers1
New Contributor III

I actually did an F9 and reset Bios(0064) before I went through with one more test cycle. Just to verify that I had not messed things up.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Thaidroid

Thank you for joining the community.

Have you tried connecting the 55" TV on the USB-C to HDMI® and the and the 27" display on HDMI® to HDMI®? For testing purposes.

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Graphics report with both display connected to the unit, please follow the instructions below:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.
  2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.
  3. Click on Save (save it in your desktop).
  4. Please attach the .txt file to the thread

Regards,

Leonardo C.

DPers1
New Contributor III

Actually the problem has gone away since I uninstalled Realtek audio and Disabled 2381 Intel Display Audio, I dont know why?

I disabled and removed those two Items to sort out audio problems but it looks like it also fixed the icon issue?????

DPers1
New Contributor III

Hi Leonardo,

I have attached the requested Documents.

As you can see from my previous post I have had no issue since uninstalling Realtek audio and Disabling 2381Intel Display Audio.

In fact I just ran this report after waking up PC from about three hours sleep and all ICONS and Sound being where they are supposed to be.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Thaidroid

Thank you for your response, I am glad to know that your system is working properly

Regards,

Leonardo C.