cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

[NUC7i5BNK] No USB support. Cannot get into BIOS

Jump to solution

My NUC was working great these last few weeks, but when I powered it on this morning to work none of my usb periphrials will work. I can tell that the ports are giving power because my wireless mouse registers as charging when plugged in.

I thought no biggie, hopefully I can still get into my BIOS and troubleshoot from there. However, when rebooting the NUC, I was unable to get into BIOS as well. I tried the following:

• Unplugging the USB-C to DP adapter
  • Rebooting the monitors plugged in, as this has caused strange issues in the past with daisy chaining
  • Unplugging the power adapter from the NUC, waiting a bit, and turning it back on
  • Multiple keyboards
  • Reseating the RAM

Any help would be appreciated. I have this as my sole work PC and I bought it from Intel with the confidence that it would be a reliable machine. I was giving it a trial run before buying my entire lab a set of the devices, so I guess I'm glad the issue came up now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

I'm just going to return the device. The reliability has been unacceptable and I expect better from Intel.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

I'm just going to return the device. The reliability has been unacceptable and I expect better from Intel.

View solution in original post