Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWood12
Beginner

NUC7i5BNK Wireless issues (Win10 Pro 1803)

I ran into an issue where the Windows wireless service will not start. I can use Ethernet just fine on the NUC, I dowloaded the latest drivers and BIOS update, and applied all of them. This does not fix the issue. I'm trying to narrow down the inability to use the wifi as a hardware side issue or software side issue. Are there any known incompatibilities with the latest Win10 update?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, I had this problem with wireless immediately after upgrading to 1803 (though, curiously, on only one machine out of 13).

I fixed this by doing the following:

1. On separate PC (or this PC if it has Ethernet connection), download latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages.
  2. Disconnect NUC from internet.
  3. Completely uninstall the Bluetooth and Wireless packages currently present on the NUC.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install first the Bluetooth driver package and then the Wireless driver package.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Test.

Hope this helps you as well,

...S

SWood12
Beginner

Found this to be a Windows 10 ndisuio.sys issue and not a hardware/driver issue.

Somehow that file had a failing digital signature, so I had to replace certificates and the actual file itself from a working Win 10 system.

Thanks for the response. It might help someone else with a similar problem.