cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAnik
Beginner

NUC7i5DNBE / BIOS eDP / Flat Panel configuration disappeared

Hello,

I have NUC7i5DNBE board (BIOS v59), everything works fine until i accidentally selected Devices->Video->Basic Flat Panel Configuration->IGD Flat Panel->Disable and saved it.

Since this moment any Flat Panel Configuration tab options magically disappears regardless Display Port adapter (iEI DP-LVDS-R10) connected or not. DP adapter has stopped working with this NUC.

I checked another brand new NUC7i5DNBE board (BIOS v40) and i can see Flat Panel configuration option regardless DP adapter physically connected or not. Of course i didn't try to save Flat Panel "Disable" option.

What i tried to see Flat Panel Configuration again:

1) Load BIOS defaults (F9 ->Save)

2) Reset ME configuration using MEBX reset header.

3) Downgrade BIOS to V58 (can't downgrade to v40 because it says incorrect BIOS version)

Nothing worked.

Flat Panel Configuration Tab still empty.

Could you please advice how can i restore Flat Panel configuration and get DP adapter working with this board?

Thanks,

Sergiy

IMG_20181212_040758.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SAnik
Beginner

Downgraded to BIOS v55 and Basic Flat Panel Configuration options magically appears, uhhh.... Spent a few hours fighting this.

Anybody who saved "Disable" flat panel will never see his Display Port until downgrading to correct BIOS version for this board.

Happy to find solution, would like to ask support for fixing this magic.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SAnik, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. Thank you for sharing your experience resolving this issue. I would like to add that this is expected behavior. if IGD Flat Panel is set to Disable, the eDP option will be hidden. When disabled, the BIOS will use "IGD Primary Video Port" for multi-monitor support configuration. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SAnik
Beginner

Hello, Wanner,

Thank you for your reply.

I agree that IGD Primary video port works as expected

But i have no idea why eDP option wil be hidden with no way to unhide it back.

It works as one-way ticket.

If you select "Disable" you have no way to switch Display Port back to "Enable".

I guess It looks like bug.

Sergiy.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SAnik, We can definitely look into this issue. As soon as I have an update about this, I will update this thread. It is worth mentioning that you can follow these steps to make these settings available: 1. BIOS recovery method. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup. Press F9 to set defaults. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS. Then, perform a BIOS recovery with the latest .bio file available. 2. Use Intel® Integrator Toolkit to select eDP or DP parameters. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26307/NUCs-Intel-Integrator-Toolkit Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Patricia_S_Intel
Employee

Hello SAnik, The Basic Flat Panel Configuration option should not be available unless an eDP is connected. You may see the option immediately after a BIOS Recovery or ITK update, however, as soon as system detects that a eDP is not connected, the options will disappear. If you have an eDP connected and seeing this issue, it appears the system is not detecting the eDP adapter. Can you test a DP to DP adapter? In the meantime, we will check whether the adapter you are using - DisplayPort to 24-bit Dual-channel LVDS Converter Board DP-LVDS-R10 (for IEI iDP Connector) - you are using is supported on Intel® NUCs. https://www.ieiworld.com/en/product/model.php?II=41 Regards, Pat S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello SAnik, We have been looking into this issue and there is a new BIOS version to be released in about 2 or 3 weeks that we believe addresses this issue (it is still in development). I am keeping this case in my inbox and I will ping you back once the BIOS is ready. Regards, Ronny G
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SAnik, I am writing to let you know that we will send you a private message to request an email address to send you a test BIOS that should fix this issue. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SAnik
Beginner

Dear Wanner,

Unfortunally i do not have any NUC7i5DN in my hands at this moment, so i can't test actual firmware changes.

Anyway thank you very much for your support.

Sergiy