cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7i5DNHE eDP Usage/Documentation

Hello,

I am trying to set up an eDP LCD screen using the built in eDP connector.

I plug the screen in and it detects the hot plug detect line and gives options for flat panel display in the bios.

I set the EDID to a preset, boot the NUC, but then no screen is showing up in windows 10. I have also tried using a custom EDID which I know is valid and is accepted by the BIOS

I have scoped the LCD power line, it seems to come up for about 17-20s then switches off.

I am using a program to see what EDIDs are registered with windows and no EDIDs show up for that port.

Do you have any further information in regards to the eDP port?

Is it possible to use a passive DP to HDMI adaptor on this port? I.e Will the aux channel switch back to using standard DDC if it cant get a response on the AUX channel?

Many Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Pecelec

I understand that you are having issues when trying to set up an embedded DP LCD screen using the built in embedded DP connector on the NUC7i5DNHE

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the Intel® Graphics Drivers report will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

As well, let me ask, before the Windows 10* starts and the screen disappears, are you able to access the BIOS?

When it comes about the embedded DP, we always recommend connecting it directly, without any adapter; however on the other hand, yes it is possible to connect a passive DP to HDMI on the port.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Pecelec,

I was checking your case, and I just wanted to know if there is anything else that we can do for you at this time.

Please do not hesitate on replying back if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos