Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LSmal
Beginner

NUC7i7-7567U - Display Blackout every few minutes

You've seen it before, you've seen it again. Display will blank out, then come back. Seems worse since the new BIOS and Display Driver installed.

NUC7i7BNH

BIOS 0062

Iris Graphics 650

Driver 23.20.16.4901

3840x2160@59Hz (or 60Hz)

Thunderbolt to DisplayPort

What else do you need to know?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello v10tdi,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue that you have been experiencing with your Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

I was taking a look at the brief description of your case and I noticed that your drivers (graphics) are not up to date since the last version is 15.65.4.4944.

Please go ahead and feel free to update the drivers through:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr...

I appreciate your politeness and patience.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards.

Diego S.

LSmal
Beginner

I'm getting an error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

LSmal
Beginner

I was able to use the "Have Disk" method to update the driver:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".

2. Open "Device Manager" and select "Display Adapters".

3. Right click on the device listed under "Display Adapters" and select 'Update Driver'.

4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".

5. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

6. Click on "Have Disk".

7. Click on "browse" and go to DriverFolder\Graphics

8. Select any *.INF file from the Graphics folder; select "Open" and then "Ok".

9. Click the "Next" button and wait until the driver gets installed to get a message

"Windows has successfully updated your driver software'.

LSmal
Beginner

Display blackout is still happening.

LSmal
Beginner

FWIW, blackouts happen @ 30Hz and every resolution/Hz combination that I try.

Another computer I have tested has no issues with the cable or monitor.

idata
Community Manager

Hello v10tdi,

Thank you for your response.

During these past hours we were trying to replicate the issue that you have been experiencing with your unit.

We performed several driver rollbacks and updates along with a BIOS recovery and a BIOS update.

We used different combinations between hardware (ram, monitors, cables, etc…) and tested different resolutions on a NUC7i7BNH.

We were not able to replicate the issue that reported, that leads us to think that there might be damage on the actual board inside your NUC, I strongly suggest you to get in touch with you local warranty online center after checking the markings and the warranty for your unit so you can look for a replacement.

You can complete the whole process here:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo

Best regards,

Diego S.

LSmal
Beginner

Seems coincidental that the board would become damaged immediately after updating to BIOS 0062.

I swapped out the video cable from DisplayPort to HDMI (same monitor) and the blackouts stopped.

LSmal
Beginner

I have confirmed in extended testing that I'm only having the blackouts on the DisplayPort connection, not HDMI port.

You still think that's a symptom of damage to the "actual board" inside my NUC?

idata
Community Manager

Hello v10tdi

Thank you your response.

In this case yes, since you have confirmed that the cable is functioning and the HDMI port works as well, the issue could be caused by a defective DisplayPort connection or a defective board.

As shared before I strongly suggest you to get in touch with you local warranty online center after checking the markings and the warranty for your unit so you can look for a replacement.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Diego S.