I have NUC7i7BNB with the following specs:
Triple boot: Win 10 pro, Ubuntu 18.04, & Ubuntu 19.10
CPU: I7-7567U 3.5 GHz
Integrated Graphic: Intel Iris plus 650 (Kaby Lake GT3e)
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2X 16 GB DDR4 2133
SSD: Intel 600p 1 TB M.2
Every time I run a game in full screen mode ==> NUC shuts down
Also, whenever I tried "different" bench marking software to test the GPU ==> NUC shuts down.
Since I have multiple boot OS, I tried the same on Ubuntu 18.04 and no problem!
I believe it is something to do with Win 10 graphic card driver or other drivers.
I changed the RAM with brand new one and same issue.
I checked the power and heat and they are OK.
Note (1): NUC shuts down every time I run Intel_Processor_Diagnostic_tool test ==> I run it in Safe Mode.
Note (2): I updated the BIOS to the most recent version, and I tried it with and without the Turbo BOOST Tech. option, but no difference "still shuts down".
- Boot to Windows.
- Download Intel System Support Utility (SSU) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
- Run the SSU scan and save the results.
- The txt file with the results, please attach using a "paper clip" to your post.
- Please download and install Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool . Run the test.
Hello @iMalk1 ,
- Please download the latest DCH Graphic Driver for NUC Version: 22.214.171.12429 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29230/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-for-Intel-NUC
- Disconnect Internet.
- Open Apps and Features (in Windows settings) and uninstall the currently installed Intel Graphics Driver. If you don't see this driver in Apps and Features, uninstall it from Device Manager.
- Reboot your NUC.
- Install the previously downloaded DCH driver 126.96.36.19929.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your NUC.
- Test your system.
I would try updating the drivers from AMD's website and see if that works. The temps look mostly normal but i'm not sure how high the AMD chip can get. Please also note that the AMD graphics card installed is NOT good for moderate to heavy gaming myprepaidcenter