Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YV
Beginner

NUC7i7BNH Displayport on USB-C not detected/Flicker Multiple Display/Power off Monitor/Loses Collage Mode

In reference to /message/472873# 472873 https://communities.intel.com/message/472873# 472873, i do face similar issues described in the thread , in addition to it, the displays flicker while in operation. i have 3 displays in daisy chain connection, the primary display interface with the NUC via converter USB-C to DP. And i am using Collage mode in graphics, and each time i lose display, the NUC forgets the collage mode and changes to clone mode and i have to change it each time.The converter i use is not of the type validated by Intel, could that be an issues ? When i remove the connector and plug it back, the display get detected or wake up from power off mode. Even though the sleep mode and turn off display setting in windows has been changed to Never, still the display go to power off . Kindly suggest some solution to overcome these issues.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello YogeshVasudevan,

I understand that you are currently experiencing problems with a monitor that is not being detected properly via USB-C.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, if possible please provide me with the different models of any kind of adapters used or else the type of cables/connections made among the different monitors.

Regards,

David V
YV
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

1. We use "LogiLink USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter" - [ http://www.bygpc.dk/produkt/usb-c-to-displayport-adaptor/5885]

2. We Use Dell Monitors, and is connected to the NUC via above adapter, the topology is shown this following link( we use three monitors in daisy chain connection) http://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/indhs1/sln295251/how-to-configure-u2415-monitor-daisy-chai... http://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/indhs1/sln295251/how-to-configure-u2415-monitor-daisy-chai...

3. I have attached the DxDiag, i am not sure if DxDiag has information about monitors, since the monitors went to power off mode, and it needs a manual intervention to disconnect and connect the adapter again, i dont have anyone at site location due to easter vacation.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh V

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Do you see the same issue with only two monitors in the daisy chain? Have you tried other USB-C to DP adapters?

...S

YV
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I havent tried with other converter and neither with 2 Monitors, since we have a requirement for 3 monitors to function. The System were supplied and installed at our customer location for our control system. But now they are facing problem with flickering of displays, and if they turn off the display or if display goes to power off mode sometimes, then the Windows will lose the collage mode and each time they have to setup the intel graphic panel for collage mode so that the screen are displayed rightly.. We have now bought some other Converter to test at office. but since this has been supplied and installed, i was looking for right reason from intel, so we can proceed then with perfect solution, else it would be trial and error, which is not flexible now as the system is already at customer location.

idata
Community Manager

Hello YogeshVasudevan,

Thank you for your response,

I was reviewing the information and first, bear in mind that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. We can recommend you to update your graphics driver, that in some cases will fix the problem

I checked your graphics driver and it is not up to date according to the Integrated Graphics controller, please refer to the link below and download the ".zip" file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr...

Once this file is downloaded, please do a manual update by following these steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Let us know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V
YV
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for your support,

I will update the graphics driver, and let you know the outcome. And regarding the Adapter, i went through some links in intel site regarding some intel validated adapter, doses it mean intel has made test using the particular vendor product? if so then i would try to switch to similar product, so it could be more reliable i suppose to use a adapter that has been found compatible for NUC. I found this " VisionTek - USB Type-C to DisplayPort adapter" as Intel Validated. at http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC...

BR

Yogesh V

`

YV
Beginner

Hi David,

Could you clarify me on this, if we disconnect a display topology in Collage mode and the intel graphics panel will lose the setting and moves to clone mode/ Single dislay. Will the Intel graphics can get back to same collage topology if they connect back the previous configuration, without need to configure again in intel graphics panel? I want the collage mode to be the default mode, but i couldn't make it, if it was extended desktop,there wasn't any issue, only on collage mode it couldn't return back to collage.

BR

Yogesh V

idata
Community Manager

Hello YogeshVasudevan,

We will wait until you are able to update the graphics driver. And regarding the collage setting, you will actually need to set it up again using the graphics control panel.

Regards,

David V
YV
Beginner

Hi David

Sorry i took some time to test it. I tried updating the graphics update you suggested, but the NUC ignored it by saying it already have the latest graphics. I tried to uninstall the driver and install again yet it says same message, that was quite strange. But i was not able to select the file "igdlh64" or "igdlh" , the windows was looking only for target folder, so i had it pointed to the graphics driver folder.

Mean while i also figured out some detail from dell, since the daisy chain of DP cable is done on dell monitors. I have some manual which talks on support of DP 1.1 / 1.2 depends on Graphics and processor of the computer. i have enclosed that manual to this thread. When i try to disable this feature in last monitor in chain, the NUC couldnt detect the monitor type, instead it shows output at lower resolution and centered in screen, Whereas the first two monitors were in desired resolution of 1920*1080. I also tried to install the drivers from dell just to be sure i haven't missed out anything.

idata
Community Manager

Hello YogeshVasudevan,

You mentioned that you found this: " VisionTek - USB Type-C to DisplayPort adapter" which is one validated to be compatible. Did you try using that one?

Also, I am currently reviewing the manual as well to see if there is anything we need to change with the current configuration.

Regards,

David V
YV
Beginner

Hi David,

No i haven't still tried with the " VisionTek - USB Type-C to DisplayPort adapter". But i will try to do it, but could take time, since we need to sent it to customer location and then see what happens. So i was bit curious to find out if there is some other fix for this issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh V

idata
Community Manager

Hello YogeshVasudevan,

I am going to look and see if there are any other steps we can follow, in the meantime please let us know the results of using the other adapter if possible.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

YogeshVasudevan: I just wanted to check if you were able to send the other adapter to the customer and if by any chance you know the results after using it?

Intel Customer Support