Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7i7BNH Ubuntu Server No Video Output from HDMI

The server runs just fine and so are all the processes. However, there is no video output signal from the HDMI cable as when I plug it in to my TV or computer monitor, a "no input signal" prompt would show. Even when I restart the NUC, there's nothing shown on the screen, even the BIOS Logo wouldn't show. Anyone has a similar situation and knows a fix?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello H_Lee,

Thank you joining the Intel® NUC community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the HDMI port of the unit.

Have you checked if you are running the latest graphics driver for this operating system?

Have you tested another HDMI cable? The recommendation is to make sure you are using a HDMI cable category 2.0.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Amy,

I'm not too sure what you mean by "driver for the OS," in this case it's Ubuntu 17.04, other than the firmware provided by Intel listed here (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26925/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File?product=97541 Download Linux* Processor Microcode Data File ). If that's what you mean, then I do have the latest driver for the device.

The HDMI cable is cat 2.0 and the cable itself is working properly as I have tested it on other devices.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

In that case I would recommending checking the https://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=339 Ubuntu Forums in order to check if you are running your system update to date. This since Intel® has not tested and validated Intel® NUC on your Linux version, so from our end there is no documentation for drivers for this operating system.

In the meantime while you check for this information, I would like to request more details regarding this matter, please see below:

• Could you please let us know your BIOS version?
  • Is the no video issue only present while booting the Intel® NUC? You mentioned that the server runs fine, does this mean that once you access to the operating system there are no issues with the video?
  • What is the model of the TV and the monitor you tested? And, what is the resolution you set?
  • Did your configuration work before?
  • Is there any chance to test a different video port?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/118342 H_Lee,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos