Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSolt
Beginner

NUC7i7BNKQ BSoD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after drivers and BIOS update

Jump to solution

Hi all,

after initial setup and one week of use NUC7i7BNKQ I was very satisfied how perfectly system worked.

Unfortunately after update of drivers and BIOS, computer still getting BSoD.

It occurs accidentally without any strange behaviour.

Besides of that, sometimes when I tried to hear some music through my display's soundspeakers, music stopped to play and I hear some buzz and PC got BSoD.

I receive most often error message as follows: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Sometimes I received also: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

(Many of them reports some related to intelppm.sys)

I receive errors since:

- update of drivers using Intel utility    (I can provide detailed overview of original state of drivers and after update later)

- "F7 BIOS Flash update" from 0069 to 0076

Steps performed for issue resolving:

- retrieve all Windows updates and update all remaining drivers manually using Device Manager

- BIOS downgrade --> failed with error: not possible

- uninstall Kaspersky Cloud and Office2019

- Device Manager shows no faulty driver

- Windows Memory Diagnostic (mdsched.exe) did not found any issues

I've tried to restore my Win 10 Home to factory state, without installation of Kaspersky Cloud and Office2019. Then tried to manually update all outdated drivers using Device Manager, but still same issues.

I have installed small utility - BlueScreenViewer so you can see errors from yesterday.

I can also provide output of Intel SSU utility although some of the messages are written in Czech language .

I would be glad for any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Roman

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @RSolt​ 

1. In addition to updating Windows 10 to version 1809, as Al advices, you should install Intel drivers as well. In the current installation you haven't installed drivers from Intel download site. There are drivers that are mandatory for proper computer functioning, that you have to install. after Windows installation.
  2. All drivers you may download from Intel download site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128753/Intel-NUC-7-Enthusiast-a-Mini-PC-with-Windows-10-NUC...
  3. The first driver is you should install is the Intel Chipset Device Sofware.
  4. The second driver you should install is the Intel Management Engine Driver.
  5. Reboot your NUC. Now, with those two drivers installed Window will be able to download relevant drivers for your NUC, however I suggest that you should continue to install the drivers downloaded from Intel (for the first time after O.S. installation at least). Now, sequence of installation is not important and you may reboot your NUC only once, after the last driver is installed.
  6. Instead of installing the latest Graphic Driver version 24.20.100.6286, I suggest to you to install the latest modern DCH driver version 26.20.100.6709 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939 .

Leon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should be on W10 version 1809, not 1709.

Your memory may be faulty. I would try different memory.

Also, I would get rid of all 3rd party Anti-Virus products and use Windows Defender.

I have the same nuc, and none of the problems.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

W10 1709 is no longer supported. You can get the latest version of W10 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you want to do a clean install of W10, you may want to follow my procedure:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Icw2bSAB/problems-with-microsoft-supplied-windows-10-i...

Of course, if you do a clean install, back up your data!

Doc

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @RSolt​ 

1. In addition to updating Windows 10 to version 1809, as Al advices, you should install Intel drivers as well. In the current installation you haven't installed drivers from Intel download site. There are drivers that are mandatory for proper computer functioning, that you have to install. after Windows installation.
  2. All drivers you may download from Intel download site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128753/Intel-NUC-7-Enthusiast-a-Mini-PC-with-Windows-10-NUC...
  3. The first driver is you should install is the Intel Chipset Device Sofware.
  4. The second driver you should install is the Intel Management Engine Driver.
  5. Reboot your NUC. Now, with those two drivers installed Window will be able to download relevant drivers for your NUC, however I suggest that you should continue to install the drivers downloaded from Intel (for the first time after O.S. installation at least). Now, sequence of installation is not important and you may reboot your NUC only once, after the last driver is installed.
  6. Instead of installing the latest Graphic Driver version 24.20.100.6286, I suggest to you to install the latest modern DCH driver version 26.20.100.6709 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939 .

Leon

View solution in original post

RSolt
Beginner

Hi guys,

thank you for your hints.

I will try during upcoming weekend and let you know the results.

Roman

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RSolt,

We hope you find the information provided on this Community helpful.

We found another support ticket that describes the same issue reported on this thread. To avoid duplication of efforts, please continue working with the Intel Customer Support team in your region. In case you need warranty options, they will be able to better assist you.

As a result, this thread will also be locked.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation