Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JE_
Novice

NUC7i7DNHE - Intel® Management-Engine Corporate Driver can´t be installed.

Jump to solution

The Update-Page https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html says:

Intel® Management-Engine Corporate Driver für Windows® 10 Intel® NUC-Kit NUC7i5DN, NUC7i7DN

Aktuelle Version: 1904.12.0.1028

Installierte Version: 1815.12.0.2021

Update available

But it can´t be installed. Errormessage: Another version of the product is already installed.

In Win10 apps there is no version to find. What can i do, to update it?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @JE.​ 

1. Download the latest version of Management Engine version 1909.12.0.1236 from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27610/Intel-Management-Engine-Corporate-Driver-for-Windows...
  2. Disconnect your NUC from Internet.
  3. Open Windows Settings > Apps and then click on Apps & Futures. Look on R.H. Panel for Intel Management Engine Components and click on it. Now click on Uninstall.
  4. After uninstalling the installed version, reboot your NUC and install the downloaded version.
  5. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.

Leon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @JE.​ 

1. Download the latest version of Management Engine version 1909.12.0.1236 from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27610/Intel-Management-Engine-Corporate-Driver-for-Windows...
  2. Disconnect your NUC from Internet.
  3. Open Windows Settings > Apps and then click on Apps & Futures. Look on R.H. Panel for Intel Management Engine Components and click on it. Now click on Uninstall.
  4. After uninstalling the installed version, reboot your NUC and install the downloaded version.
  5. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.

Leon

View solution in original post

MSeow
Beginner

I did the same, but didn't have to "disconnect from the Internet".

A better question is why isn't the utility just doing it's job?

LeonWaksman
Super User

O.K. I want ask you if my advice was correct or not. You didn't sign may answer as correct, neither from your post I can't understand if the installation succeeded? Now, about the question why the DSA couldn't install the driver and manually the driver can be installed, I can't answer. I don't know what is the software status on your machine and I'm customer like you are, rather than DSA designer. Tried to help you as I could.

Leon

JE_
Novice

That worked, i don´t had to discconnect from the internet, too. thx! What does this program, do?

Alberto_R_Intel
JE, Excellent, it is great to hear the issue was resolved. Just to let you know, what the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant does is to look for the latest drivers available for your platform. Mainly, it was designed to work with Intel® products, such as Intel® NUCs, that is why depending on the system that you are using it might not be that accurate in finding and installing the drivers, in those cases, we recommend to visit the web site of the manufacturer of the computer to install the proper drivers. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation