Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12528 Discussions

NUC7i7DNKE bios version question.

Vbredjp
Novice
I have NUC7i7DNKE kit and downloaded new bios from Intel web site it was version 0076. Then week later checked Intel web site and latest version is 0075. Did the 0076 version got pulled due to some bug as I can not find any references to it. Or I got something wrong. Tried downgrading to 0075 but it's failing. Should I be worried. Did not notice serious problem after upgrade, but had few windows lockups, no logs or Bsods just straight up non responsive system, now mostly solved by reinstall and using only drivers from Ms update. not sure if related. ran memtest just in case passed multiple times.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

I see that the DN bios 0076 was released at the end of August and posted at the end of September.   I do not know why it is no longer available.   However, one of the things 0076 did was upgrading the ME, which prohibits you from downgrading to an earlier bios.

The release notes for 0076 are attached.

Maybe one of the Intel support engineers has more information.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I see that the DN bios 0076 was released at the end of August and posted at the end of September.   I do not know why it is no longer available.   However, one of the things 0076 did was upgrading the ME, which prohibits you from downgrading to an earlier bios.

The release notes for 0076 are attached.

Maybe one of the Intel support engineers has more information.

Vbredjp
Novice
Thank you very much for fast response. I now see why downgrade failed. No big problems nuc is running. It just strange how bios version disappeared from site.
AlHill
Super User

Up and running is a good thing!  There could be a problem with 0076.   Or, Intel has had problems with their website and downloads in the past two weeks, so it may be just a website posting issue.   Let's see what the Intel support engineers say.

LeonWaksman
Super User

I've BIOS 0076 installed on my NUC as well. No problems observed as yet.

Leon