Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

NUC7i7bnh Separating audio and video to amp and tv

So I have this working well but need to know if it is the best solution.

On my NUC7i7bnh (windows 10 ver# 1703) used primarily as a HTPC and using KODI.

I have the HDMI going directly into my 4k TV

My AVR (Cambridge Audio 651r) does not output or passthrough 4k so to get all the Digital audio needed I just used a USB-C adapter to HDMI adapter and ran that directly into an HDMI input on my receiver. It works great and I get all the formats needed. No audio sync issues at all.

My question is is this the correct way to do it or is there a splitter that I should use from the HDMI out on the NUC then split one side to the TV and the other side to the receiver for my audio. I do not have HDMI 'out' connected to anything on my receiver, it is purely for sound.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello vs2,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Seems to me that you have the best configuration. Adding more components may potentially increase issues such as compatibility (more moving parts).

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Ok thanks for replying.

So just to clarify. HDMI to HDMI direct to 4k TV so I can view 2160p content, then the same video/audio is going out from USB-C to input of receiver so I can get the 8 digital formats my receiver can take. So using HDMI for video and USB-C for audio is the best configuration when using older AVR's that do not support 4k or 4k passthrough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi vs2,

Since the AVR doesn't support 4K or 4K passthrough, it looks like the best configuration as there aren't more components than the required ones.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

If anyone else has a AVR that cannot play or passthrough 4k content then this little device will be available in about 8 weeks from now. Will simplify things by just using one output on the NUC (HDMI or DP)

http://www.hdfury.com/product/avr-key/ AVR Key 18Gbps | HDFury.com | Connect and Fix everything in HDMI

0 Kudos