Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DShav2
Beginner

NUC8I3BEH3 powers off on Windows Reboot

I have NUC8I3BEH3 with Windows 10, when I select restart to reboot the NUC it powers off instead. Why would this happen?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have seen this happen from time to time - and on varying NUC models - but never consistently as you have described. Are you running the latest BIOS (73) for your NUC?​

...S

DShav2
Beginner

Hi Scott - thanks for asking, I have checked and yes I believe it is, it is becfl357.86a.oo51.2018.1015.1513 dated 15/10/2018

n_scott_pearson

Oh no, that is way, way, way! out of date. That is BIOS 51. The latest is BIOS 73. I believe that this explains why you are having this issue.

You can download the latest BIOS from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28951/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126140. Download the Windows 10 (.msi) file and then double-click on it to start its install. It will reboot your system, install the BIOS, reboot your system again and let Windows start back up.

...S

DShav2
Beginner

Thanks Scott, I have now downloaded 73 from the website and we installed today, tested a reboot and looks to have fixed the problem! So super cool and thanks for your help. If it still plays up I will come back

DShav2
Beginner

Ok so, the NUC failed to come back up after selecting reboot from within Windows 10 today. I now have the latest Bios so it was not that. Any other ideas?

n_scott_pearson

Try reinstalling BIOS 73​, but this time using the BIOS Recovery process.

H​ope this helps,

...S