Did you mean: 
RRock3
Novice

NUC8I5BEK cannot wake up from display power saving mode

I found solution:

Power setting:

Sleep - Never

Turn off display - Never

After this you have to turn off monitor manually if you want to save some energy. I really tried everything - cables, reset, different bios, jumper reset, windows reinstall, every gpu driver, unplug 1 memory, unplug everything.

Computer is cute, but this problem is not so cute.

5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RRock3 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community and for sharing these steps with the community, i hope this information is useful to other community peers. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RRock3 Thank you for the information. In order to understand better the behavior please let me know the following information: • What are the models on the displays on the environment? • What are the video cables used environment setting? • What operating system do you have installed? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RRock3 Have you been able to collect the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
RRock3
Novice

I havent time for analytics, testing and bug reporting, sorry. I turn off monitor manualy and set sleep to never and also power saving mode to never for now. I hope you will find something. So monitor is on 24/7. If you want to test, do your own test with 8th gen NUC, LG UK650 4k monitor via HDMI and try to lock windows screen with win+L, where monitor will go in powersaving mode in 1min. Monitor will not wake up for sure if you are away 6+ hours after this.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RRock3 Thank you for the information about the behavior If you need further help in the future to not hesitate in recontacting Intel Customer Support. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation