Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12341 Discussions

NUC8I5BEK2 won't boot anymore

Sidaro
Beginner

I've submitted a support request but i submit my problem here too, just in case somebody have a similar problem and need help.

Since yesterday, My NUC8I5BEK2 won't boot anymore.
It seems to be stuck in a loop before entering the BIOS.
I've try the procedure to recover the BIOS: remove the jumper and insert an USBkey with the BIOS file be0089.bio, but the behavior is the same: On/Off/On/Off..., before any other option.

Keeping the power button pressed for three second doesn't help.

Any help will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You may need to do a CMOS Clear/Reset. The best way to do this is to open the chassis and unplug the CR2032 battery cable for 14 minutes.

...S

Sidaro
Beginner

Thanks for your answer.

I've done this, and now the pattern is different: the Blue led is blinking three times continuously... suggesting a memory problem according to this blink codes support page.

I've tried to reseat the memory, in both upper and lower slots without success.

Unfortunately I don't have another memory for testing.

Any suggestion?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First thing to try: Test with a single SODIMM. Try powering on with SODIMM in each of the two sockets. Repeat with other SODIMM. 

Second thing to try (presuming it powers on properly with one SODIMM): Test the SODIMM(s) individually using MemTest86. Run MemTest86 for minimum 3-4 hours for each SODIMM.

Hope this helps,

...S

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Sidaro

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

We understand that you have opened an internal Web Support Ticket with us regarding this same issue and the same Intel® NUC model.

In order to avoid duplication of efforts, we will close this thread from our end but we will leave it open for other users to participate and provide additional feedback and suggestions. However, if you need further assistance from Intel, we will continue to help you through the internal Web Support Ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician