Hi, I have issues when i connect HDD or SSD with USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface to the NUC8I7BEH. Windows 10 does not recognize the device, and there are many USB errors in the event log. I tried with different devices and i have this issue only with 3.1 gen2. With USB 3.0 interface it is ok. Windows Drivers are all ok and OS is Windows 10 Pro 1809, Windows update it's updated also. Is it a common issue or just mine? Thanks to all.
- Your NUC should support USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices. Please refer to paragraph 1.6 of Technical Product Specification https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC8i3BE_NUC8i5BE_NUC8i7...
- You should ensure that not only Windows O.S. and Windows driver are updated. Please check if you have the latest bios and latest Intel's driver installed as well: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126140/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7BEH
- Special attention you should give to chipset driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27998/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8... and to Management Engine Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28095/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Windows-... . Without this two driver installed, Windows can not correctly recognize your hardware.
- If your bios version is older that the latest ver 0056, you may download BE0056.bio file https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126140, save on USB fully formatted to FAT32 and update your bios using F7 method https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html
Hope this will help
Hi, i have latest win 10 pro version, latest driver, bios, chipset and intel me driver downloaded from Support intel page correctly installed but if I plug a device usb 3.1 gen 2 the device don’t work and I find many usb errors in the system event log. If I connect same device to the nuc but across a old 3.0 hub the device work limited at 3.0 speed but work and I have no errors on the event log.
Hi Alberto, i'm sorry for delayed reply.
I' had tried a another NUC8I7BEH anche got same error with usb 3.1 gen 2 with my usb storage devices both with usb c and usb A.
So... i buyed other devices and finally i connect a USB NVMe disk with no error and crystal disk mark sequential test go a 940Mbps over USB !
The devices that wasn't work are :
and device that work a 10Gbps and no USB coonection error are:
- https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07HM116LZ + Kingston A1000 480Gb
- and any adapter based on jmicron bridge controller JMS583 http://www.jmicron.com/PDF/brief/jms583.pdf
Devices that have not worked are manufactured by manufacturers that usually release reliable and performing products.
I have no idea why they give errors on 2 different nuc8i7
Thanks again for support