cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NUC8I7HNK slow boot up windows

Hi All

I have SSD 970 EVO 1TB 16GB RAM all reasonable spec. My boot time still seems slow. I have switched on fast boot but total boot time is still 25 seconds. This should be close to 5 sec. Any advise would be appreciated. Ive just plugged and play and though process should be straight forward but seems not.

From Speccy

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 @ 3.10GHz 38 °C

Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1196MHz (16-16-16-39)

Motherboard

Intel Corporation NUC8i7HVB (U3E1)

Graphics

DELL U2718Q (3840x2160@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 630 (Intel)

4096MB ATI Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics (Intel) 36 °C

CrossFire Disabled

Storage

931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB (Unknown (SSD))

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

AMD High Definition Audio Device

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Sago,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

If the time to get to the splash screen is between 5-20 seconds, then this behavior is expected. However, if the time to boot into Windows* is 25 seconds, then this could be an issue with the operating system.

In this case, you can perform a https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows clean boot in Windows. In this way, you can rule out a software conflict.

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to take a look at your system configuration.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
idata
Community Manager

Hello Sago,

Were you able to perform the steps recommended above?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation